Chapter 17.

#notedited

5 years earlier. (Flashback)
When Harry, Zayn and Caroline were just friends.

"Harry!" I exclaimed.

He copied my hand gestures and hugged me tightly.

"Where's Zayn?" Harry pulled back and looked behind me.

I shrugged. "I don't know man, He didn't feel like hanging out with us."

He raised an eyebrow. "Ohhhh, he's too cool for us now, is he?"

I hit him on the shoulder playfully. "Nah, he wasn't feeling too well. I guess."

Zayn's words kept ringing inside my head. Was he right? Did Harry really like me? But why would Harry like me? We're just friends.

He rolled his eyes. "Sure."

"So.. Where are we going?" I asked him as I looked around the park.

Harry called Zayn and I at 9 pm to hang out at our usual spot. Ever since we were little, Zayn, Harry and I would come to this park to hang out.

It has been 4 years since I've known Harry and Zayn. They were both new to our neighbourhood when I met them. And surprisingly, they were both British.

Now Harry and I are 16 years old and Zayn is 17 years old.

"Sub..."

I cut him off.

"No, Harry. We are not going to subway! No wonder Zayn didn't wanna come." I said.

He started laughing and I folded my arms like a little girl.

"Okay, Okay. We can just spend our time here." He mumbled and sat on the swing.

I nodded my head. "Why did you call us here anyway?"

He stared at me but didn't reply.

I shifted my weight to the other leg. "Well? Are you gonna answer me?"

He sighed and looked down at his shoes. "I wanted to tell you guys that I am moving back to England."

At first I thought that he was joking. So I chuckled. "Yeah right. Joke wasn't that funny."

But he didn't say a word. He kept looking down.

I gulped. "Please tell me you're joking."

He shook his head. "I wish. But my family is moving back to Holmes Chapel."

I started shaking my head. I grabbed his face.

"Look at me!" I say loudly.

He looks up slowly. "What?"

"You cannot move. You hear me? You are not moving anywhere."

He took my hands and stared at them. "What choice do I have? Its not like I am 18 years old. I cant make choices for my own. Not yet."

Tears welled up in my eyes. "You cant leave us,Harry." I whispered.

"Besides I have no reason to fight with my parents." Harry muttered.

"But Harry..."

He kissed my hands and looked up. "You'll have Zayn with you. You wont be alone. And its not like we cant talk on call or see each other through skype." He said and smiled sadly.

"Bu-but it wont be the same without you, Harry. You're my best friend." I whined.

He stood up and looked down at me."I know, Caroline. You'll always be my best friend."

I bit my lip. How could Harry leave us like that? What about the plans we made?

"Caroline,There's one thing I haven't told you. I need you to know this before I go."

My heart started beating fast. For some reason I knew where this was going.

"I uh..." He trailed off and started scratching his head.

I took a step back because the space between us was too close.

Harry noticed my movement but didn't say a word on it.

"I like you, Caroline. I always have. I've been crazy about you ever since we were little. I never told you this because I was scared that you would say no and break this friendship. I mean what you, Zayn and I had was such a great friendship. Uh and I also didn't tell you because I always thought you liked Zayn.  You two were always closer to each other...."

I cut him off. "Thats not true. We weren't that close."

He looked away. "I just told you that I like you and you chose to comment on that."

I gulped. My face was heating up. I didn't know what to tell him. He was right. I do like Zayn. But I also know that I have no future with Zayn. He doesn't even like me. 

"Well?" He asked and folded his arms.

"What do you want me to say?" I whispered.

"Caroline, I don't know.. Anything? You can just ask me to leave and I'll do that."

I threw my hands in the air. "I don't want you to leave,Harry. I just don't know what to tell you. "

He shrugged and looked down at me. "Like I mentioned before, I really have no reason to stay. Yes, you're my best friend and that's a plenty of reason to stay but at the same time I just don't want you to be my friend anymore. I want more." He stepped forward.

If I tell him that I like him back then he would stay?

When I didn't reply. He shook his head and turned his back on me.

"Wait! Harry.. Don't leave." I shout.

He turned his head back. "What do YOU want me to do, Caroline?!"

I took a deep breath as I stared at my best friend. "I want you to take me out on a date."

He looked shocked. He wasn't expecting this.

"W-what?"

I couldn't lose my friend.

"I like you too, Harry."

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE! ❤️