Chapter 11

I hate that he can make me feel this way from just looking at me. I hate it. He peers into my eyes, sending chills up and down my spine. And it doesn't help that he's going through all these problems, that makes my heart hurt for him. "I'll buy you anything." I say looking at the menu. "I don't really feel hungry." He says, pushing the menu that's in front of him away. "Hoseok. She's going to be fine." I tell him. He stares into my eyes. "Faith. She's all I have left." He says.

I look back into his eyes that showed nothing but pain and an unbelievable amount of sorrow. "Hoseok.. I know you're really hurting.." He breaks eye contact with me and looks down at the menu. His fingers running along the plastic cover of it, following the knitted edges. How can I do this now? While he's hurting. "But I have something to confess to you.." I spit out. He finally looks up at me. "What is it?" He asks. "I'm not who you think I am." I tell him.

His eyebrows knit. "What?.. What are you talking about?" He asks shaking his head a bit, sounding completely confused. "Is your name not Faith and you've been lying about who you are?" He asks sitting up straight in his seat. I shake my head. "No! My name is Faith.. And I did tell you the truth about who I am.. Just not.." I stop short, not really able to find the correct words to use. "Faith.. You're scaring me.." He says inching back in his seat. "Hoseok.." I feel my eyes water..

I know once he finds out who my father is, he'll never want to talk to me again. "Hoseok.. My father.. Is Heon." I tell him, my tears falling down my face.

His expression changes completely. "What?" He asks, his tone sounding like anger is ready to pour out of him. "My dad is the owner of Lean Industry." I say, my sobs coming not long after. "And that wasn't important to tell me? Huh!? When we met!? I thought we were friends!" His voice highers making me jump in my seat, almost getting everyone's attention in the restaurant. "Hoseok. I was planning on telling you." I cry.

He smacks his hand on the table and he leans in forward. "What? Did you not care about what your father did to me? Huh?" He asks, his teeth clinched together. I feel my body shaking with fear. "Ho-Hoseok.. Believe me.. I.." He throws up a hand. "Faith. You better have a good explanation for this. Because if you don't..","I do. Believe me I do." I say. He puts his hand down and nods. I bite my bottom lip.

"When I started talking .. About myself. And I told you about my work.. And you told me about what my dad did to you.." I pause, and his expression changes. "I didn't want to lose you Hoseok.. Because I.." My tears fall out of my eyes. "Because I like you.. a lot.." I confess. His expression doesn't change, he just stares at me. "Hoseok.." I peep. He stands up and looks away from me. "Good bye Faith." He says. And begins to walk away from me.

I stand up quickly."No! Hoseok! I can't lose you! Hoseok!" I follow him out of the restaurant.

He continues to walk down the sidewalk. I grab onto his arm and he turns towards me. "That's a pretty pathetic lie Faith. Playing with a man's feelings.." He says, looking into my eyes harshly. "Ho-Hoseok.. I.." He throws up a hand. "Enough. I don't want to hear a word." He says through clinched teeth. "But.. Ho-" ,"I said no Faith! I can't believe you can tell me you like me. How dare you!?" He yells at me. My grip tightens on his coat.

"I do! I do like you! Why don't you listen to me!?" I scream back a him, my throat burning from all the emotion swelled up in my throat. He pulls his arm away from me. "How can I believe you if you chose Shawn over me? Huh?" His voice lowered and it sounded more broken and angry. His gaze became less suffocating, but I can see the pain in his eyes. "I had no choice.." I say. His eyebrows knit. "You had no choice!?" He yells.

"I had no choice because I saw you kiss her back!" I yell with tears pouring out of my eyes. His face drops. "What?" He asks, his voice lowering again. I look up at the light blue sky and wipe my tears, then look back down at him. "I was coming back from my date.." I tell him, my voice shaking.