Chapter 9

I wake up in the morning, feeling like my eyes were going to fall out of my skull. I sit there for a while, thinking.

**

"Wow.." He says. I nod. "I know. I hope he's alright. He's probably got a huge hang over." I tell him. He touches my hand. "I'm sure he's fine." He says as he glides his fingers on my hand. I stare at him a bit. "You know.. My dad really likes you." I confess. His eyebrows go up. "Really? But I did nothing but listen to him talk." He says. I chuckle. "Well he does. And he was asking me to give you a chance.." His expression softens.

"Oh really?.. He asked you that?.." He asks in a whisper. I grin and nod. "Yes. He did." I respond. His dark orbs stare into mine. "And you told him?.." He asks. I smile. "I'm willing.." I say happily.

Maybe this is what I need. To get Hoseok out of my mind, to get all my pieces back together.

He smiles. "Really? Are you sure?" He asks. I chuckle. "What? You don't want me to?" His eyebrows go up and he shakes his head rapidly. "No its not that. I just thought.. You didn't like me." He says. I grin. "Okay. At first. You were real pushy and awkward." He chuckles. "But.. I really am starting liking you. And my dad made me realize that I need to give you a chance." I say. "Even if he was intoxicated and he doesnt remember saying that."

I look at his hand on mine. "You're cute. You know that?" He asks. I look up at him, our eyes locking and my face is hotter than ever. "No.. I didn't know that.. And its not true." I say. He tilts his head and frowns. "You can't be in denial. Its always good to have confidence you know. Many people find it attractive.. Including me." He says. And before I can say anything his phone beeps.

"Ah. Our break is over... Maybe.. After work today I can treat you to some dinner if that's okay with you?" He asks getting up, I get up too. "Oh yeah!.. Sure! I'd love to!" I say with a smile. He nods. "I'll come on over to your office when you clock out." He says. I nod. "Okay." I smile. He throws me his signature smile and leaves the break room.

**

The rest of the day was full of the stuff I hate most. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. No. Basically everything got on my nerves. God how I hate offices.

My dad decides to send his intern to get me so that we can talk. "Faith. Your father would like to see you in his office." She says. "Oh goodie." I say in the most sarcastic tone ever. I make my way to his office. Today I had hoped that I wouldn't have to see his face after last night. But like that was ever going to happen. I open the glass door. He looks up from his work looking completely fine, like he hadn't downed two whole bottles of wine last night.

"Ah. Faith! Please come in." He says. I make my way over to the seat in front of his huge desk. I sit down. "What?" I ask. His tiny smile goes away. "Can't I just thank my daughter for the best birthday she's given me?" He asks. I roll my eyes.

"We do the same thing every single year dad. Oh! Are you saying it was the best cause you yelled at me and threw a wine glass as the wall? Maybe that was the best part.. Or! The part where you got stupid drunk and you refused to accept my act of kindness." I nod and my eyebrows go up. "So which one was it dad?" I ask crossing my arms. He looks pissed.

"Look Faith. Maybe you don't care enough to understand that I'm a very lonely man. And that the only day I receive love from my daughter is only in my birthday. Not even on Christmas. Or thanksgiving. Heck, not even on fathers day." I'm dumb struck. He's actually saying these words. He's sober saying these words. "So when I say that it was the best birthday. I mean it." He says. I sit there, wondering what happened to my father.

If maybe an alien invaded his body and that this isn't him at all. Then I realize that this must be a one time kind of thing, yeah! That's probably it, PFF. Aliens, what was I thinking?