Mind games

"He's cheating!" Wade shouted, throwing popcorn at the TV. Peter giggled "he's not he's just real good" Peter said taking some popcorn for himself, wade had made himself comfortable in peters hospital room. They were currently watching some game show that Peter didn't really understand but wade seemed to love it. Natasha had left an hour or so after Peter woke up, the avengers had been notified about a new lead on ultron and she was told to get to the tower as fast as possible, she hadn't told the rest of the avengers that Peter had woken up because she knew they'd drop everything and run to be with him, 'it's better if they think he's still asleep, give them more of a motive to find and end ultron.' She thought as she left, waving goodbye to wade and kissing peters forehead, she disappeared. "so Peter..." Wade begun, the show had ended and silence quickly filled the room. "Yeah wade?" Peter asked, turning to look at his boyfriend. "How did this happen?" Wade asked, taking peters hand in his. Shit Peter thought, he hadn't thought about this, "I don't exactly know" Peter answered honestly, because he didn't . Sure it probably happened when he snook out to be Spider-Man but he couldn't remember what happened, who ever did this to him did something to his mind too, "yeah you do Peter, I deserve to know what happened" wade said seriously and Peter nodded, he did deserve to know but Peter couldn't tell him anything, it would just put wade at risk, with great power comes great responsibility. But if he doesn't tell wade he's Spider-Man then Peter would have to come up with more lies and remember those lies and Peter knew it would have a snowball effect, maybe it was best to tell wade, wade had told him most of his backstory, Peter knew there was more to it but he wasn't going to push. But first he had to remember how he got infected, where? He had only been sneaking out for a week, so he had to go over Seven days of activity, Peter groaned, his mind hurt and he just wanted to sleep, how was he supposed to remember seven days of patrol when he can't even remember what he had for dinner last time he was in the tower. "Sorry" wade said looking down "no wade it's fine, I just have a headache, you're right. You deserve to know... But can I tell you later? Please. It's better if I show you" Peter said, squeezing wades hand. Wade looked up and nodded, "thank you" Peter whispered and leaned forward to kiss wade. It's better if Peter shows up in full spider-man gear and explains then if Peter just came out and said it, wade would believe him more if he showed him. "I'll let you sleep" wade said, pulling back from the kiss with a smile, Peter thanked him and said goodbye as wade left through the window -right, only family were allowed visit- Peter sighed and lay down, he needed a nap. But he needed to come up with something to tell his parents, how was he going to tell his parents?
-----
"Evacuate now!" Could be heard along the compound, people were rushing. And screaming. Trying to leave to be somewhere safe, the lights had gone off, surrounding people in complete darkness. A man in his office above ground floor gently picked up his gun, walking slowly to an open door, quietly he lifted his arm and shot into the darkness, a flash of blue and suddenly all the bullets from the mans gun had been placed up right on the desk behind him- pietro. Pietro sighed, crossing his arms as the scarlet witch came out of the shadows. "Yeah, the enhanced, strucker's prised pupils" the man began, siting down at his desk "want a candy?" He paused, lifting a bowl and offering to the twins "oh sorry to hear about strucker, if he knew what world he was creating- human life- not a great market" he laughed lightly, placing the bowl back on his desk looking at the confused twins "y-you didn't know? Is this your first time? Intimidating someone? I'm afraid I'm not that afraid" he finished "everybody's afraid of something" the witch began but was cut off "cuddle fish!" He said causing the twins to look at each other confused once more "deep sea fish, they make lights, disco lights" he began impersonating the fish "to hypnotise their pray then WHOOOM! I saw a documentary once they're terrifying" pietro signed and ran across the room, back in his original spot within a second, he had run to get a candy, eating it pietro shrugged at the man who was staring at him questioningly "so if you're going to fiddle with my brain and make me see a giant cuddle fish then I know you don't mean business and I know you aren't in charge and I only deal with the man in charge" he finished, ultron had appeared in the window breaking through it and firing the man across the room and into the hall "there is not man in charge" ultron said stepping over the injured man "now let's talk business"