Chapter Two: The Offer.

[Jae in media above]

Jae loved parties. Loud vibrant scenes where women in bikinis danced among the tawdry clouds of intoxication, sweaty and free, their booties bouncing to the beat of Rihanna's Work.
"Ay Jae!" Jae grinned at the bartender, Jade.

[Jade in media above

[Jade in media above. Yes that is a woman, she's androgynous and biracial]

Jae had only been in town for two weeks and she only knew Jade because of Riki. In this town Riki knew everybody, and everybody knew Riki. Being friends with Riki was a risk for Jae, considering she was trying to lay low, however Riki was the first person who introduced herself to Jae and they became instant friends. Riki showed Jae around and introduced her to everybody, including jersey Jade.
"Jade, wassup?" Jade smiled, her cerulean eyes twinkling as she did so.
"Busin' my ass ova here. You lookin' for Riki?" Jae nodded. "You late but her party is up on third. Take dis to her. Ma treat." Jade pulled a huge ass bottle of Jameson from behind the counter, a bow neatly wrapped around it.
"Woah! Nigga how much did that cost?" Jae laughed. It looked hella expensive!
"Don't matter." Jade shrugged. Even though Jae had been here for a short time, it wouldn't take a brainiac to know Jade has a thing for Riki and in the short time Jae has known Riki, she knows that Riki doesn't have a thing for commitment, everybody knows that, Jade included. So why spend so much money on a gift for someone who barely acknowledges your existence?
"Aight man. I will." Jae assured. Once on the third floor, Jae placed the bottle in her bag before reaching the room. Riki would only appreciate the gift when she is sober.
"Ayyyyye! Look who finally made it!" Jae was met by a drunk, bubbly Arushi.
"Ayyyye ! Hoooomie wassssup!" Riki slurred. Riki already had a bitch twerking on her, Jas had another trying to grab her attention, Whitney and Arushi were drunk and happily cheering at the four dancers who surrounded them, D seemed like the only sober person in the room but considering the big ass blunt between her fingers, it was safe to assume she was already high. The party had already started without her, and it was lit!
"Man, I'm sorry I'm late-"
"-Its coo, it's coo-"
"-Here you go. My treat." Jae dropped a bag of blunts in Riki's lap and went around the room, dabbing everyone until she stopped at an unfamiliar face. Jae rarely had any problems when it came to women, and while she usually relates with feminine females more often, Jae doesn't discriminate and has had her share of lovers who were masculine. It never bothered Jae what people might think or say, so long as she had some good pussy, she was good.
"And who is this?" Jae asked. The woman before her stood a few inches shorter than her, a decent five foot nine if she had to guess, dressed in a black suit, no doubt a stud, and SEXY AS HELL! Caramel skin that glowed with health, plush pink lips, tattoos peaking from under her black button up shirt and her dreads tied in a neat bun. The lady stared back at with her mouth agape.
"Thasss ma cuz!" Riki yelled.
"That right? What's your name ma?" Jae smiled.
"Don't fuckin' call me that." The woman narrowed her eyes. Hmmm...feisty. The woman didn't know it but the way she narrowed her pretty doe brown eyes was a turn on for Jae.
"Aight. Chill." Jae laughed. Jae was about to say something else when she was interrupted by a moan.
"Hmmm...Oh yeah..." Maria, the stripper who had been twerking on Riki, now had her legs spread before Riki. Jae and the woman, Riki's cousin, were the only ones left in the room, seems everyone else had snuck out.
"She gotta do this shit now?" The woman groaned. Half walking and half stumbling, the woman pushed passed Jae in a fit of rage, slamming the door behind her. That escalated quickly! Jae turned to leave but not before noticing the sliver iPhone six Plus sitting on the chrome table a few feet away. It must belong to Riki's cousin because aside from Riki (who has the Six S Plus) nobody else in the squad has upgraded to that phone. Jae picked the phone and headed out.
"Hol' up!" The woman walked fast, even for a person who was clearly tipsy and stumbling slightly.
"Keep up nigga!" She waved dismissively. Jae finally caught up to her and grabbed her hand, forcing the woman's attention to her "If you don't let my hand go nigga-"
"-Here." Jae placed the phone in the arm that she had grabbed. After a long moment the woman sighed.
"Thanks." Jae released a breath she hadn't even been aware she was holding, and smiled.
"Jae." Jae held out her hand.
"Aida." Unique...Jae had never heard of that name before...
"That's a pretty name-"
"-Say that shit one more time-"
"-Chill the fuck out." Jae laughed. The girl too much! Why is she getting all hurt over a compliment? "Come on man, you can't be leaving so fast." Jae tightened her grip ever so slightly when she felt Aida attempt to rip herself from it.
"I gotta work-" Seriously?
"-On a Friday night? Nah. You stayin'." Jae finalized. Who the hell works on a Friday night?! Apparently Aida was willing to be as stubborn as Jae, but her attempt to flee failed, resulting in her stumbling right into Jae's arms. This time, Jae adjusted herself, wrapping her arm around Aida's waist, blocking any exist she might try to use.
"Does it look like I finna argue with you?" Jae laughed. Aida's body was soft compared to Jae's, and dipped almost perfectly around her torso. Bet Aida would look bomb naked!
"I ain't into that stud for stud love, stop being gay nigga!" Jae bit her lip to keep from grinning. After hearing that lie leave the lips of the countless of studs she's been with, Jae was willing to bet that Aida was going to be no different.
"Can you stop that sexy lip biting shit?" Aida groaned. This is why alcohol is good, it's the only truth syrup people willingly indulge in. Aida found Jae sexy. Unable to hide her grin or comment, Jae started:
"You know-" BANG!
"Was that a-" Aida's eyes grew wide with disbelief. Gunshots. Aida leaned over the rail, Jae mimicking her movements, her eyes searching the crowd and soon, they landed on a familiar hooded figure. FUCK!
"ERRYBODY IN THIS BITCH BETTER SHUT THE FUCK UP!" The gruff voice only confirmed what Jae was dreading. It was Tyrone. Tyrone didn't scare her, he was just a goon, but the fact that he was here meant that he found her. How the fuck did he find her?!
"Now we looking for a certain female. Tall, light skinned and tatted." Nigga ain't good with descriptions, there are tons of females who look like that in here.
"These nigga's." Jae forgot about Aida until she turned to her with a quizzical look.
"I know that bitch is here!" His voice crackled in frustration and the gunfire resumed. Aida finally managed to free herself from Jae, darting to Riki's room. Jae wasn't at all worried. This nigga, Tyrone, the man under the hoodie, wasn't the brightest bulb in the room. All Jae had to do was kill a few of them, enough to scare the fool into believing he ran into another gang, but not enough to let them know she was here.
"Aida!" That was Riki's voice. Jae could hear the footsteps thudding up the stairs and took out her gun.
"Aida!!" Ready, aim- "-Aida!!!" Riki screamed. The light thud that followed forced Jae to glance back momentarily, only to see Aida's body still on the floor. SHIT!
"JAE MOTHERFUCKIN BROWN!"
"Oh my- I think she's bleeding!" Riki screamed. Damn! This girl is going to led them straight to her with all that screaming!
"Shhh!" Jae hissed. The footsteps were getting heavier...closer-
"Jae you needa help me get her outta here!" Riki panicked. The first man finally showed himself, Jae fired before he could react. Six bodies later, the footsteps had ceased. Jae knew there was more of them, they would be up here anytime soon. They needed to get out of here!
"Riki, Imma need you to calm the fuck down. If you don't, those nigga's gonna find us, and kill us. Understand that?" Jae hissed. Riki nodded, wiping her tears. Jae lifted Aida, motioning for Riki to run ahead. Aida was relatively lighter than Jae anticipated, it was almost too easy to maneuver. They ran up to the fourth floor where the murky green pool pulsated under the  midnight black sky, on the other side of the pool was a fire escape. Riki sprinted ahead, opening the door for Jae. Thankfully, the idiot didn't have his goons surrounding this area and Jae managed to make it through the back door to the second parking lot a block down from the club. Riki always parked her car away from the club because it was easier for her to take a girl home without the hassle of the traffic heading outside the club, and tonight, that just saved her ass.
"I'll drive."
"Nu-uh. You drunk and you scared. Runnin' from those nigga's woulda meant nuthin' if yo' drunk, paranoid ass kill all of us in a crash. Get in the back and take care of yo' cousin." Jae ordered. Too drunk, scared, and angry to argue, Riki jumped in the back with Aida. Jae pulled out of the parking lot, aiming for the nearest hospital, the whole way Riki was busy muttering (what Jae assumed were prayers) in a different language she didn't know.
"Riki!" Jae snapped. Jae nearly ran into Riki as she swerved the car into the hospital emergency parking spot. How the hell did she even manage to jump out without harm?! Riki better calm the fuck down! Otherwise that'll be two people Jae would've been responsible for hurting in one night.
"HELP! Somebody help me!" Riki screamed hysterically. Jae took it upon herself to pull Aida out of the car, her clothes smudging with a dark crimson, a colour she was all too familiar with; blood!
"Miss what's wrong?"
"It's-its my c-cousin! I think she's b-been shot! There's blood everywhere and-and...Jae!"  Jae pulled Aida's limp body inside and immediately was swarmed by doctors who strapped Aida to a grundy before wheeling her away. Riki broke down in tears. Jae had a feeling that her anxiety and alcohol played a huge part in Riki's breakdown. Jae guided Riki to the hospital chairs, as Riki wailed helplessly into her lap.
"Is she going to be okay?" A concerned blue eyed, middle aged blonde lady in a lab coat asked.
"Yeah, she had a bit too much to drink tonight and she's very anxious about her cousin." Jae forced a smile up at the lady and she nodded. This is bad. This is really, really bad. Riki didn't deserve to spend her birthday like this. Jae knew it was only a matter of time before he would find out exactly where she was and that meant she'd be putting innocent people like Riki and Aida at risk.
"Don't worry sweetie." She said, rubbing Riki's back. "You are a nice young man." The lady smiled, walking away before Jae had a chance to correct her. Jae hugged Riki as she shook and sobbed herself into sweet slumber.
Jae had to leave, but where would she go? She was nearly flat broke, renting a room around the shady side of town and trying to live off minimum wage from her job at a run down mechanics. It was hard to get any sort of work when you're a convicted felon. Not to mention that the police where still trying to trace her after the incident. The cops didn't have any strong leads so far, the case had gone cold but that doesn't mean she ever got comfortable. In her old line of work, Jae couldn't afford to be, especially when casualties, like tonight, were a frequent thing. Tonight, they just got lucky. They were out of the woods...for now. Soon after, Jae found her eyes drooping, and let the darkness consume her with only one dreaded question in mind; would Aida make it?