16- Nothing At All

Start from the beginning

She didn’t hate me.

She wasn’t repulsed by me.

She didn’t regret actually giving birth to me.

She wanted to actually see me.

I just had a back and forth conversation kind of with my mother and that was the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me ever in my whole entire life. That was so cool, I actually just talked to my mother via email and I couldn’t be happier with the response.

“Are you in there, Kota?” Todd called as I shakily jumped at the sound of his voice and then nearly slammed the laptop shut to keep the email a secret, even though the door was locked so he couldn’t get in anyway, I was still paranoid about it.

“Y-yeah, I’m coming!” I called back, hurrying over to the door and unlocked it so that he could come in.

“Why was your door locked, weirdo?” He wondered with a chuckle, stepping in and putting a small kiss on my lips.

“Because sometimes I like to lock my door.” I lie quickly. “What’s up?”

He grinned at me before responding to my question, which made me suspicious. “You’re mine tonight.”

I nodded with a small giggle. “Yeah, we agreed on that yesterday but like, why are you being all maniacal?”

“I’m not being maniacal,” He denied with a maniacal laugh, which further proved my point, but he still wouldn’t admit to it. I knew something was up anyway.

“You really are. What are you up to?”

“Nothing,” He insisted. “But I’m taking you out tonight, so you should probably get dressed now.”

“Oh, so that’s what you’re up to,” I giggled.

He nodded and wrapped his arms around me so that my back was pressed against his chest, which felt really nice to me. “Yep, that’s what I’m up to.”

“Well, where are we going? I need to know what to wear,” I explained to him.

“The Iron Lion,” He informed me, placing a soft kiss on the base of my neck.

I gaped at him, since The Iron Lion is probably one of the fanciest restaurants in this part of Alabama, which is probably how it gets away with having such a ridiculous name, and it’s also one of my favorite restaurants because the food is so amazingly good. “Are you paying for that? Because I have no money.”

He laughed and then rolled his eyes at me. “Yes, I’m paying, Dakota, just get dressed because we have reservations for an hour from right now,” Todd informed me, kissing the top of my head before leaving the room. “I’ll pick you up in half an hour.”

“Wait, you’re going to go home and then come back just to pick me up?” I wondered.

He nodded and then began walking out the door of my bedroom to leave. “Yeah, I have to get dressed too, you know.”

“Okay,” I giggled, totally giddy at the idea of him taking me on like, a first date. That was really sweet of him, to take me out when he knew that he didn’t have to or anything because I obviously wasn’t going to just break up with him because he doesn’t take me out on a date.

I took a shower after practice, so I luckily didn’t have to waste time doing that, so I immediately start to search my closet for the perfect outfit to wear to such a fancy restaurant. I was so hyped about going out with Todd, in fact, that I totally forgot about the email that I had gotten from Annie.