Forty-Five: Make-Up Dinner for Four

Zacznij od początku

"Not too sure, all I know is that she's not by my side like she should."

I couldn't help but both 'aww' and roll my eyes at that. "You two are too cute!"

Terrence dropped his head and blushed.

"So why are you doing this? Helping us out even if it'll make your mate mad."

A sigh escaped my lips, "Well for three reasons. One, Jay and Jaci are brother and sister and they shouldn't be in conflict." I ended the 't' sharply. "Secondly, you and Jay have been friends forever so nothing like that should ever be destroyed."

"And lastly?" Terrence asked.

I chuckled, "Lastly if he thinks he's getting anywhere with me then he'll fix this up."

Terrence and I laughed.

Both of us stopped when we heard someone walking down the stairs.

Jaci wore a beautiful red dress. It had thin spaghetti straps and went a little past mid-thigh. It was simple but complimented her form. Terrence looked like he had just laid eyes on the sun and hadn't seen it before in his life.

A smile graced my lips as I turned around giving them as much privacy as you could give a couple while being in the same room with them.

"Damn you look amazing Jacinda. Amazing..." He ended almost breathlessly.

"You look good too Ter," Jaci complimented back.

After that silence followed.

I took that as a good sign and turned around, "Dinner is rea-oh god!" I cried out covering my eyes.

Terrence's hands were sliding up her dress as Jaci was kissing down his neck.

"SYDNEY!" Jay yelled out thinking I was in trouble.

Jay stomped up the stairs from down in his fathers' office.

Once on our floor, his eyes found me. He took a few milliseconds to take in my warm almost mustard yellow dress, graced with frilly off the shoulder sleeves, and drapped mid-thigh with little flowery designs embroidered with creme string. Overcoming his clear lust he rushed to my side catching my face in his hands. "Are you alright? Why'd you scream?" Jay asked his eyes already scavenged my body for something wrong.

"I'm fine Hon, I just uh dropped a chicken?" I said but it came out like a question instead.

"Wha-" Jay turned and saw Terrence had settled into hugging Jaci from around the waist. "What is going on here?"

"I was just making dinner for us and thought that instead of going out Jaci and Terrence could join us since everyone else is busy. Why make them go out when I'm cooking a, hopefully, delicious meal?"

"So this is an intervention," Jay inferred sounding annoyed.

"An intervention really? Just come on Jay, sit down. It's not like you can avoid this forever." I told him tugging his hand.

Jay drew his hand back, not out of my hand, just enough so I would look at him.

"Why are you supporting them?" Jay asked through the link.

"Do you want to sleep on the couch?"

"Sta-"

"Do you want to sleep on the couch yes or no Jaycen."

"Fine. Let's get this over with."

"There you go."

"Wait will I get a little something for this?" Jay asked with hopeful and a provocative smile.