Chapter Eight

CHARISSA'S POV

"God, Charissa, he was so good in bed," was the first thing that Trisha says to me once I enter homeroom.

"Oh, really?" I replied mockingly.

Trisha usually boasted about her latest conquests to me early Monday mornings, so I suppose I should be used to it but today was not a great day for me. At all. Honestly, this whole week has not been exactly 'smooth-sailing' for me, and seeing her did not help to make my day any better.

Of course, Trisha doesn't catch on that I really couldn't care less and carries on, "Yes really. I mean he looks so shy on the streets but my god, he is a freak in those sheets. I would totally do him for five hours straight."

"Mhm," was what I replied with.

"I'm not even kidding, he was so amazing."

"That's great Trisha," I mumble.

"Jeez, what's up your ass today?" Trisha snaps at me.

I felt the urge to slap her across the face. It's not like I don't want to slap her usually but today, there's just this sudden urge. I wanted to see this bitch face plant the freaking floor and run home screaming.

"Nothing's up my ass, but I'm not quite sure about you," I glare at her. I start bringing out my books and neither of us talked for a few seconds.

"Hun, you really need to get laid," Trisha says after the silence, as she brings out her usual nail filer and begins filing her already perfect nails.

"I'm good."

"I don't blame you for being so cranky though. After all, Seth should be bored with you already-"

She doesn't get to complete her sentence though because before I knew it, my hands had seemed to act on its own and a loud smack echoed in the room. A few seconds passed before I finally registered what had just happened.

I had just pounded her right in the face. 

Trisha lied on the ground, motionless. A few gasps flooded into my ears, and my eyes widened in shock as a few tears came to my eyes. What the hell was wrong with me? When did I become such an emotional wreck?

I grabbed my bag and ran out of the room, feeling all the eyes trailing behind my body. I slammed the door behind me and just ran, ran and ran. I had reached the parking lot and my legs were trembling so much that I had just collapsed on the floor.

Mind going blank, I curled up into a ball and just began crying. And I didn't stop. I just kept crying and crying, hearing my own silent sobs in my ears, with no one near or beside me. I had no idea how long I had stayed in this position but not long after, the bell rung.

Yet, I still didn't return to the classroom. I wasn't scared to face Trisha, I wasn't at all. After all, what could she do? What I was scared of, was what I would do. I had just punched someone in the face because of a slight remark they had made. And it was also my 'so-called' best friend that I had just hurt.

Even though I had always secretly hated her, it was wrong. It was so, so wrong.

"Charissa? Is that you?"

I recognised that strong voice and that slight musky scent right away. Michael.

"Yeah?"

"Uh," he seems to hesitate before continuing on, "Why are you curled up in a ball in the middle of the parking lot...?"

I cheeks started to set on fire as I immediately stood up to face him. I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I saw him. Sweet joseph, he was so incredibly handsome. And the fact that he was wearing a V-neck was not very helpful.