Chapter Four

The Truth About Forever {Chapter Four}

CHARISSA'S POV

I pulled up as I arrived to my driveway, heaving a sigh as I turned the car ignition off. I leaned my head against the steering wheel, letting all the events that happened today sink in. Today had been a rough day, and I would expect myself to go insane anytime soon.

 I smiled to myself as I thought about the threats I had said to Michael when we were the in the storage room, thinking about how idiotic I must’ve sounded to him.

 I got out of the car, carefully. I was so tired I felt as if I might as well drop down anywhere on my front yard and just lay there unmoving for the entire night. It was weird how he managed to occupy most of my current thoughts instead of Seth - who should've been my main concern. 

 “Charissa!”

 I felt my heart warm up as I heard that voice, as my mixture of feelings finally became at ease. I missed this voice so much, I just wanted to snuggle up next to him and rant all about it. But I still had introductions to make so I just ran up to Cameron and he pulled me into a bear hug as I felt extra safe in his arms.

 I rushed out of my car, and began walking towards him. “Hey, big bro. I’m not too late, am I?”

 He gives his famous crooked smile, shaking his head, “You’re lucky you made it in time. Mother was about to burst her bubble but Mason and I saved your ass. You owe us one big time.”

“I always do,” I hug him once again, before I drag him by the arm back into the house as he pretends to struggle from my grasp.

“Where have you been, Charissa?” Cameron asks me suspiciously, and then takes two sniffs of me, as I stiffen. Hopefully I didn’t smell too bad or too much like beer, or else I would never hear the end of this. And as much as I loved Cam, I didn't need one of his lectures tonight. Not after all that's happened.

“I was with Seth…” I started, it wasn’t a complete lie and I knew I couldn’t get out of this by lying. I may be good with acting around my friends but when I came to lying to my brothers, I was completely hopeless.

 “Doing what?” Cameron frowned. He had never been fond of Seth, even though he had been my only boyfriend ever. Just wait till Cameron hears about the fact that he cheated on me.

 “We were with his new friend, Michael. He just arrived in town a couple of days ago and he’s like best friends with Seth so then Seth thought it would be awesome if I got to know his childhood best friend. I was talking to Michael until you texted me and informed me that I had to do. That’s it, that’s all,” I had sort of realised I was babbling and kind of scaring off my brother so I stopped and took a breath of air.

 “Breathe Charissa, breathe,” Cameron said, putting a hand on my shoulder, “I’m not putting you on the spot or anything. I believe you, alright? I was just worried that Seth might have done something odd, I saw you in your car and you seemed a little... distracted," he pauses. "Now go get changed, Mason’s waiting for you in the kitchen. We’re in charge of serving the guests tonight. Another one of father's new business partners.”

 Wow, mother and father might as well call us their slaves now.

 “What’s next, giving free blow-jobs to unsatisfied clients? God,” I rolled my eyes.

 Cameron chuckles but eyes dart back and forth making sure that no one heard that. I did feel quite guilty for saying that. As much as our parents got on our nerves, we cared a lot about their reputation. We understood that they brought us this life that we had right now and without them, we wouldn’t be so fortunate.