Chapter Three

The Truth About Forever {Chapter Three}

 CHARISSA'S POV

The music was blasting on full volume, and I swear my ear drums were going to burst any second.

I was casually swinging along to the music, with some guy which I was sure wasn't Seth grinding against me. Usually, I would've kicked him where it hurt if he hadn't backed up already, but today, I was done.

Done with being sorry for myself and just be crazy.

Actually, I just wanted to sit in a corner and wrap myself in some cozy blankets then dig myself into a extra large bucket of cookies and cream ice cream while my period slowly sinks in, sobbing about how pathetic my life is.

Oh gosh, how I wish I could just ring up Cameron and Mason to talk, but I knew that once I did they would just storm into Trisha's house and drag me out of it, causing a scene. Yes, they were very overprotective. By the way, those are the names of my two brothers if you haven't noticed.

It wasn't that they didn't drink or party, in fact, they go out with their buddies to drink at least once every two weeks but they highly disapprove of me being this 'wild' at this young of age.

According to them, when they were my age (which was just two years ago) they would be "studying their ass" off in their rooms (also known as gaming in the male language).

Either way, I still loved both of them so much and if any type of problem, even girl drama, me getting raped, boy trouble, I would turn to them right away.

The guy was still grinding against me, until I started feeling something slightly... stiff against my back. Oh, that definetly drew the line.

I squeezed out of the crowd, as I heard the guy yell something about me being inconsiderate or some bull. Ah whatever, tough luck buddy. If he wanted to get laid, he'd have to find someone else that was desperate enough. 

I stepped into the kitchen as I spotted a couple of familiar faces, as they each flash me their best smiles. What did they think this was? Fucking American Idol? Why the hell are they even trying so hard?

Of course, I knew exactly the answer to my rhetorical question.

Popularity.

We were out of bottles on the table, so I checked the fridge. No such luck. Was karma becoming a bitch already? I didn't mean to upset Mother Earth but I just didn't feel like getting harassed by a complete stranger.

I knew this place all to well though and knew each "secret" location in this house. Trisha keeps all her extra booze in this "secret" room in her basement, which practically everyone that had came here at least once knows about.

Sometimes when Trisha sends me to restock I would spot a couple doing the dirt there and you have no idea how awkward it is for me. I still had to say "excuse me" and "please" multiple times until they moved aside, moaning as I did. Then I still had to lift the kegs and return up the stairs, being mentally scarred for life.

Sorry, too much information.

Anyways, I risked my chances. I just really wanted to get fucking wasted. All this music was giving me a huge headache and I knew the only way to get rid of it (at least for now) was beer.

I know, I know. I would end up with an even bigger headache tomorrow and have "regret" plastered right over my forehead but I really wanted to get wasted.

I reached my destination and hovered as I was about to turn the knob. Should I? Should I not?

Would what I see ruin my complete night?

Ah, fuck it.

As I walked in, I didn't see any sign of couples. I sighed in relief, as I approached the beer, prepared to lift up a new pack.

Suddenly, I heard a loud shifting a noise which practically made my heart jump out body. Oh my god, someone was in this room.

I immediately release the pack and say, "Who's there?"

No one replied, but more shuffling noises reached my ear. Thud... thud... thud.

Great, I couldn't tell if those were footsteps or the sound of my own heart beating.

Without thinking twice, I bolted for the door, as I quickly turned the knob, but I didn't budge. My whole body was shaking with fear as I kept repeating the same action, twisting the knob as hard as I could but there was no sign of hope.

I saw a figure approach me as i continued turning the knob. Where's pepper spray when you need some?!

"Don't come any closer!" I exclaim, "I have a purse! And I am not afraid to use it. I will smack it at your head until you bleed and then I will kick you at your ding-a-ling so hard that it barely even exists anymore!"

The figure is right in front of me now and I groaned as I realise who it is.

***

"Sorry, am I that bad?" Michael frowns as he approaches me, one hand on his chest area, so I guess that he's trying to indicate that I wounded his heart.

"You scared the shit out of me!" I slumped back against the door, "I thought I was going to get raped for god's sakes."

He gives me a light-hearted chuckle, as he sits down in front of me, "Well, I can promise you that that won't happen."

"What were you doing in here anyways?" I questioned him.

"I don't know. I just didn't really enjoy the atmosphere up there so I started exploring the house and somehow stumbled upon here, until I heard some high-heeled clickity clackity sound and that thought that I was busted so I was trying to hide. It's pretty damn hard when you're as built as me," he mutters, "I thought you were Trisha."

I laugh, "Are you avoiding her now or something?"

"Certainly. I don't have a single clue how you and Seth managed to stand her for so long. She's like a lost cougar following you around, and it's not even remotely cute."

I've hard Trisha been referred to a lot of different animals before, but a cougar? I had no idea if it was a bad or good thing.

"I honestly don't know," taking in his question. How did I manage to live through Trisha's constant complaints and tantrums throughout the last five years? Why did she even become my so called best friend? It's not like it benefited me in any sort of way.

Michael studies me for a while before he smiles at me softly.

He feels sorry for me, I can feel it through his smile. It's sympathy in his smile.