Chapter 9

Nighttime: Yukiko's POV

I found myself in a dark and moving place. I heard the waves beneath me. A boat?

*Cawww*

I looked up, and found the Falcon perched on the edge of the doorway. I was confused, but clearly this was some sort of-

* Miscalculation?*

I looked at it. " You talk? How is that possible?"

*For a robot it can be, but I was not programmed to do that. Unless you are in a dream.* he spoke.

" What do you mean, there's no way a robot can dream!" I yelled.

*Your Father did, and he accepted the fact he could. A special gift that was past down from his Father before him.*

" His Father, Dr. Julian?"

The bird shook his head. *No, He was created by two men. One was a tinker, and the other the Master of Ice.*

" How, How is that possible?"

*Dreams can only tell you so much. You must go to the place where it all began.*

" Back to the forest?!"

*No, to where his story first began. To where Ice meets steel, and become titanium. Yuki, You're not alone in this. Zane gave me the mission to protect you and you also have Kite.*

I looked at him. Kite, the hacker. The one that wasn't being straight with me. " He's not was he says he is."

The golden eyes of the now blackened feather Falcon, stared at me with concern. He didn't speak a word though. The boat beneath me began to rock violently, and the clouds began to darken. I rushed to the boats deck. Once I did though the scenery changed. I found myself eye to eye with the Overlord.

I felt all of my energy draining out of me. His dying eyes disappearing in the icy waves of energy. I felt myself dying. My heart almost giving out, and my memory drive trying to last see everything that I went through.

" It hurts....Please stop!!"

--------------------

" Ah!" I shot up from the bed. I felt my hands shaking. Slowly I began to calm my heartbeat. There was no use in staying here. I didn't want to dream again.

I got up and slowly crept out of the rooms and outside. The air was fresh and crisp. I was glad I was out of there. That dream though. It scares me, but at the same time. It gave me an idea that might help me truly understand my past. My powers.

" Hey, kind of cold out here isn't it?"

I turned around to see Kite standing by the door. His eyes looked tired, but focus. I felt myself blush a bit with embarrassment.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I apologized.

He shook his head and came to stand next to me. " Nah, I don't sleep much anyway." he smiled. I smiled back and looked at his leg.

" How's your injury?"

He glanced at it. " Oh, well hardly even noticed it. I forgot to tell you that my body heals fast." he chuckled nervously. Yes, but no know human could heal that quickly without any medication. Unless what I thought was true.

" Kite?"

" Yeah?"

I turned away from him. I start to think maybe this isn't the best time to point that out. " Do you know what it's like to dream?"

His eyes widen. " Well, yeah. Mostly everyone dreams. Why?"

" Well, this might seem strange, but the reason that I'm out here it because of dreaming. It was more of a message thought, but with the mixture of a nightmare to end it." I paused for a moment. " It was painful. All that pain, the pain of death was unbearable. It frightens me." I whispered. Kite eyes soften. " Why, did I have to receive that gift. It's...It's not normal for robots."

" but you're not just any robot. Zane definitely wasn't, and Pixal was amazed by it. So much so that she gave up everything for him. Yuki, you have to look beyond your programming and she that you're not like every other nindroid." he smiled.

I smiled back. " And you're not like any other human." His eyes widen, and his body froze. I looked at him. " As in risking everything to help me, a robot that can't control her powers, and nearly killed you."

" Oh, yeah. Well, what can I saw I can't say no to the pretty lady."

I felt my cheeks blushed. " You..You think I'm pretty?"

His eyes looked into mine, and his cheeks began to turn a faint red. " Yeah, I do. You got to realize that you're not just a robot. You just have to look beyond that, and not be afraid of who you can become. You know."

" Yeah, I'll continue to work on that." I giggled. He chuckled back.

" Don't worry. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. We're going to stop the General and save Zane. I promise, and with Echo's help. We are hopefully one step ahead of them." he smiled.

" I hope."

" Yuki, I know what it's like to be afraid of the dreams in your head. Zane had dreams like that. That's something you can't program into a robot." I didn't say anything. " You want to talk about it?'

" I think it's best if I tell you in the morning. You never know who's listening in the dark."

" Yeah, good call. I'm not really tired though. You?"

I shook my head. " One dream was enough for tonight. Kite, can you stay with me."

" Out here?"

I nodded my head. " I like to watch the stars. Especially now that the skies cleared up. If you don't mind, of course."

" Nah, this is fine. I don't normally do this, and there's' alway a first for everything." he smiled and sat down right next to me. The sky seem so quiet. I found myself in Kites arms. Our auras began to sync. As a robot I rarely experience any emotions, but now that I'm in Kite's arms. I feel my heart beating rapidly, and my cheeks blushing. Could be that I actually have feelings for him.

" Thank you." I whispered, closing my eyes.