Can I Call You Mine? {6}

Start from the beginning

But i didnt kiss her. The bell rang and i sighed, leaning down and kissing her cheek before pulling my hands off her hips and winking one last time before trekking on to last period.

History.

***

"Alright gentlemen listen up!" 36 eyes were directed towards me," Kyle isnt here today and neither is Coach, so all you've got is me. But dont think this'll be an easy practice. We've got a lot to cover before our first game tomorrow in the stadium at 6:30. Liam, you've got to know where to kick the ball for a corner kick, or look to Aj to run up the sideline and pass it to him. CJ you've got to stop holding onto the ball for so long when you're throwing it in. We need you to start the play and not let the apposing team get set up to cover us. Those are just two things that suck majorly, we've got plenty more."

"Um, Finn?" A hesitant sophomore named Mike asked quietly. I looked at him and nodded for him to continue," I noticed something during last practice. When myself and the rest of defense arent part of the play, we're too far back...So how to we know when to move, and how do we know who moves up?"

"Simple, person closest to the ball is ahead. If Caleb is on your right and Nate is on your left, and the ball is on the left of the field Nate moves up closer and you shift over. That means you've got to cover him and Caleb has a lot more ground to cover along with whomever i put as sweeper. Got it?"

He nodded and finished lacing up his cleats. "Everyone done?"

I received a yes from everyone and we headed out of the locker room. i didnt bring an extra shirt to school today so i decided to just practice without one. Ive got a fantastic body with killer abs; Why shouldt i flaunt them?

We practiced hard and everyone was reduced to heavy breathing and sweaty shirts. A few other guys had rid themselves of extra fabric to continue sprinting around.

"Hey Finn," Megan's voice called behind me. I turned and saw the entire girls team waiting.

"Uh...Hi."

"We need a half of the field until you guys are done," Eryn demanded. I snorted at her anger and shrugged.

"I guess you can have it. But my boys will be sprinting around the field soon so dont do any line drills." I looked at Megan and sent her a smirk as i caught her checking me out. She flipped me off and i laughed, turning around, back to my team, and moved them all onto the right side of the field. 10 Minutes later we were all sprinting the field.

"Youre lucky the girls are on here, i was going to make you all do figure 8's. The people who lasted the longest would get out of before-game-sprints tomorrow. Too bad i guess," I lead them around the field 5 times before starting a new drill, one person at a time.

"Theres a time limit boys. You jog the first three side of the field and sprint the last, then the first two and sprint the last two. Jog the first then sprint, and then just sprinting. If your struggling then thats okay, you'll just have extra suicides at the end. If you guys hadn't fucked around so much during the goal drill then we wouldn't have to do this."

"Hey wait!" Eryn yelled out. I groaned and opened my arms wide in an annoyed what now type of way. "We need the sidelines for sprints now." She walked over to me and crossed her arms, as if daring me to fight her. I was honestly to tired and annoyed with the constant complaining from my team to argue so i mumbled a 'whatever' to her and started another quick paced drill.

I stood off to the side to take a puff from my inhaler and placed my hands on my hips. Megan ran off the field for a sub for her practice scrimmage and raised her arms above her head to calm her breathing. I walked towards her and placed my hand on the small of her back lightly. She yelped in surprise and i bit my lip to control my laughter.

"You jerk!" She shoved my chest with a glare and i smiled at her.

"I just came to say hello and ask what your offer was, but fine, ill go." I pouted and turned around to walk away. She groaned and grabbed my wrist. I turned around and without any warning, my neck was pulled downwards making me hunch over and a pair of lips were pressed to mine. My eyes widened at first, then slowly slid shut as i slipped my arms around Megan's waist. I pulled her closer to me and stood up a little straighter so our position wasn't as awkward. I opened my mouth to deepen the kiss and she sighed onto me, our lips making a soft smack sound as we went in for each new touch. I licked over her bottom lip, and she gladly opened her mouth for me. I ran my tongue along hers once and i felt her smile with her mouth still open.

Whistles sounded around us which pulled us from our trance and back into reality.

Right... soccer practice.

"My- My offer was uh... If you.... If you decide you call me yours then id be happy to give you a kiss...But i guess you already got one," She cleared her throat with a light laugh and avoided my eyes.

"Well considering i did just kiss you, id be quite jealous if you went off and kissed someone else, so im going to have to claim you as my girlfriend so that doesnt happen," I leaned down and kissed her again, a quick peck this time, and smiled as i pulled away. She nodded, dragging a single finger down my chest to scratch the whole way down.

"I expect you to be loyal as well, and youre telling me later why you've got all those little scratches on you," She pivoted on her heal and Met the rest of her team on the sideline of the field, a few girls gushing over what just happened, while she herself just bit her lip to hide her smile. She said something, but since i couldnt hear due to distance issues i simply took a moment to let what had happened set in, then joined my boys on the field again.

They all stared at me, but snapped out of it when i literally snapped my fingers.

So as if nothing happened, our practice started again.