Chapter Three: Conversion

Hello :) Here is chapter three! I hope you enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it! Something exciting is in store for you!

~~~twiheart26~~~

Picture to the right is Embry -------> Check it out! :)

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ---- ---- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ---- ---- --- ---- ---- --- ----- ----- ------ ---

CHAPTER THREE: CONVERSION

A shake racked my whole body. "W-who are the Cullens?" I hissed out as my body jerked violently.

     Leah narrowed her eyes as she began to explain. "The Cullens are a vampire clan. They live very close to Forks. Our tribe hadn't seen ourselves as werewolves for so long."

     "After a while," Jake interjected, "the Quileute tribe realised that once a vampire came close I guess, that a new werewolf would be created. More than one would be created if many vampires came. Well, that's what we've heard. Your great grandfather encountered the vampires and made a treaty."

     Leah noticed my shaking and quickly reacted. She gripped my shoulders with unbearable force. "Ayesha!" she said sternly. "You need to calm down... take deep breathes and stop shaking."

     I did as she said and calmed down slowly. "Good, now close your eyes, and get some rest." Leah's soft voice lulled me to sleep and I fell down on to the pillow. I heard the door close softly and voices speaking in the kitchen.

I ran through the forest, the wind blew through my hair. I had to catch up.... I just had to!

     I pumped my arms and I felt something ripping at my skin, something was growing on me... in me. Sweat prickled the back of my neck as I ran faster.

     In the distance, not to far away from me, I saw a flash of silvery-grey.

     A wolf. I could corner it. Trap it and make it turn human to tell me what I needed to know. I turned quickly to be edging my way diagonally. I was speeding up; getting closer.

     I bent over and was on all fours, I could smell the reeking wolf. The wolf stopped abruptly and turned to face me. Drops of blood fell from his mouth as he dropped a raw, dead animal. He was luring me in. It was working.

    I closed in on him. I pulled back on my legs and flew through the air towards him. He got where I was going. He did the same, I thought I was stronger. I was wrong.

     As he lunged toward me a panicked thought bit at my brain. What if he is stronger?

     This wasn't good. I threw myself downwards and rolled under the apposing wolf. He turned and growled. As if to say: What are you doing?

     He lunged once more at me. This time I wasn't prepared. He landed on me and snapped his teeth. I whimpered under his power. This was the end! I whimpered to say Please don't hurt me!

     The large gray wolf slowed down but caught a bit of my skin. I whimpered in pain and stopped breathing evenly. I saw blood on white. But, it wasn't snowing outside... how could this be happening?

     I closed my eyes in disbelief. I only came outside to seek the wolf that I found to be Embry. What was going to happen now? What happened to me?

   I open my eyes groggily to find Embry standing over top of me. His strong chest and arms were very well defined as he was shirtless with only a pair of jean shorts. He looked amazing.... I mentally slapped myself at the absurd thought. I couldn't have feelings for Embry! He was only a year older than me though, another interjected in my mind. "Oh shut up!" I hissed. Embry looked taken aback.

    "I-I didn't say anything!" he retorted. "Do you need help up?"

     "Y-yes," I stuttered out, blushing. I ducked my head down as he helped me up. "Thanks...."

     "Why are you out here in the forest anyway?" Embry's arm brushed mine as we walked back in the direction of our house.

     "I was looking for you." Embry sent me a smirk and I once more ducked my head from the blush blossoming on to my cheeks.

     "You were looking for me?" he inquired. Was it weird that Embry could bring out this completely shy and bashful, blushing side of me that nobody else can.

     "Well, I wanted to see you in your wolf form." Embry smiled crookedly.

     "Aw, when you blush it's cute!" Embry admitted, sheepishly. He too ducked his head in embarrassment.

     "Uh, Embry?" I rushed the words out.

     "You can just call me Em." He smiled. "That's what everyone else calls me."

     "Was I just in werwolf form?" His face went blank at my question.

     "Uh y-yeah, yeah you were." Embry looked in the distance, avoiding my wary stare.

     A question floated in to my mind. Isn't it usually painful? I asked myself. Embry practically read my thoughts. "It is usually painful... I don't know why you wouldn't have felt it." His eyes changed to confusion.

     "All I remember is going to sleep as Jake and Leah left my room and then I woke up the forest, cold and hungry. I smelled something and ran towards it," I explained as we walked at a brisk pace. "B-but then, I saw a grey wolf and--"

     "It was me!" Embry interjected. I nodded my head.

      Embry glanced down at my shin and there were bloodied teeth marks in the shape of a crescent. "Oh! I-I'm so sorry Aye!"

      I looked down, realising the sudden pain in my leg. I winced, putting up a brave front. "Aw, no! It's fine!" I explained with the essence of lying, hanging in every word. The cut began to gush blood and you couldn't help but notice.

      "Oh, God! We need to get that cleaned up and get you stitches!" Embry exclaimed as his eyes widened.

      "E-Em?" I began warily, not able to walk in a straight line from the loss of blood.

       "Oh my God, Aye! You're losing too much blood!" Embry threw me over his shoulder and ran towards the hospital.

       My eyelids felt so heavy, I felt like I could sleep for ages! "E-Em, what colour werewolf am I?"

       Embry kept on running as he answered. "An angelic white which reminds me...."

       His words were drowned out and I now faced a black screen. I dropped my head back and my mouth fell open. I'd fainted....