Chapter Seven: The Goodbye

CHAPTER SEVEN: THE GOODBYE

Well, this will just be a walk in the park, won't it? I thought with bitterness.

Carlisle was beginning to walk back behind his desk. I followed him and sat down in the chair across from him and put my feet up. "Why, exactly, does Edward have to hunt to protect me?" I inquired. "So he doesn't have the sudden urge to rip out my insides?"

Carlisle seemed taken aback by my abrupt questioning. He hesitated for a long time before finally answering.

"Not exactly because of that, but if he isn't 'fully charge' or so to speak he may go ... crazy." His words were uneasy. It was as if it was the Cullen's worst nightmare.

"So when will you be leaving for Europe to go save my dad?" I asked uncertainly.

"In at least four hours we'll be gone." I choked slightly on the water I was sipping and began to cough. Once I got it all out, I threw the cup down and stood up.

"What? Four hours! I need time to prepare--" I began to go in to a hysteria, pacing back and forth quickly, "--I need to say g-goodbye."

I uttered the last words slowly, stuttering the whole way through. Just the thought of leaving my pack and tribe was devastating. I couldn't do it. I would panic and cling on to Jacob's arm like I did when I was little and he was going to school and I wasn't. I won't be able to stand for it.

Alice and Carlisle were both rushing to my sides as I began to hyperventilate and go into my 'panic mode.' I could hear them talking quickly as I cried out, falling in to darkness.

I stood in front of the crowd of people, looking down at my feet. Jacob stood alone, to the left of everyone looking at a tree in the distance who-knows-where and Embry and Quil were sitting on the ground infront of me. This would've been a picture picture if my dad was beside me and if I didn't have my napsack.

My short sigh was what got everyone over and looking at me. Sam and Paul were talking to Carlisle about arranging a small meet-up midway between territories with me and Jacob. They were too deep in conversation to notice.

There were so many words I wanted to say but none of them could come out through the lump in my throat. I did my best to swallow it down but couldn't. Next thing, it wasn't the lump coming up. But definitely a lump of something else.

I ran around the corner of the small house, mumbling out an "Excuse me."

I couldn't even make it into the back door so I settled for the garbage can out back. Everything came out before I could count to three. Jacob came running back after me. "What was that about... Oh. How are you feeling?"

I gave him a sour look. "Just dandy, seeing as I just threw up!" I yelled.

"No, seriously," he said.

I shook my head slowly, staring at the ground. "There just wasn't enough time."

"Enough time for what? Packing? We can ship your st--"

"No!" I cut him off. "There wasn't enough time to say goodbye."

Jake had a questioning and clearly confused look on his face. "What do you mean? You had a whole extra day. The departure was delayed. Didn't you spend the day with some friends?"

Now it was my turn to be confused. "Is that what they told you?" I asked. "Well that's not what happened. I sorta...uh, fainted." My whole sentence sounded like a long question.

"You fainted?" Jacob shrieked. "Of what? No! Let me guess, the vamps knocked you out. I am going to go and rip their--"

"No, Jacob! Don't! I fainted when they told me that they were leaving in four hours so I had four hours to prepare myself. So, in my unconsciousness I thought it through...kind of."

"What do you mean thought it through?" Jacob asked angrily.

"Well," I whispered, "I'm going to run away and come back." I smiled happily regarding my plan and seeing no flaws.

"Do you know how many flaws that plan has?" he questioned. "It's crazy!" Jake looked at me like I was insane and I looked down at the ground.

"Okay so maybe I hadn't thought my plan through fully," I admitted slowly.

"Clearly. 'Kay now let's head back before the others start worrying." Oh. Right. The others. I had completely forgotten about them. I was having a good time with Jake. Just like before all of this happened.

We walked back around and I once again faced the small crowd of people standing in front of me. I felt like the puke was coming back up again. But I felt a hand on my back and knew that my brother wouldn't let me escape again. "Hold it in," he whispered.

I swallowed down what was coming up and stared each person in the eye. "Bye guys," I murmured.

"Bye," everyone muttered back. Wait...should it really be this easy? I don't think so! Suddenly I felt the tears bubbling up in my eyes and covered my face.

Someone shook my arm. "Aye? Are you alright?" It was Embry.

"Yeah," I smiled. "I'm fine."

As I drove away with the Cullen's at top speed waving to my tribe and pack, I thought, I am so running away.

--------------------------------------------------------

So? Did you like it? Please vote and comment. It shows that you actually enjoy reading my story.

Dedicated to NailaLautner for all their amazing support with this book. I can't thank them enough.

Teaser for next chapter: First day with the Cullen's :O expect some drama. And what about Ayesha's scheme? Knowing her that cannot be good!

See ya next time guys,  

xxtwiheart26 <3

P.S. Sorry for the short chapter. My computer is terribly slow and I never get time to write on the computer.

Alice to the right :D --------------------->

NOT EDITED

Metamorphosis (A Twilight Fan-Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें