Chapter Eleven: Fake Friends

CHAPTER ELEVEN: FAKE FRIENDS

The connection between us seems to last for an eternity. His eyes continue to melt in to mine. Someone taps him on his shoulder and he turns away, reluctantly.

"Oww!" I screech, slamming in to the closed door. I rub my forehead, frustrated.

"What are you doing?" Pepper asked, pushing the door back open. "We need to go to the office. How come you slowed down there?"

I pointed back, sputtering. "I--uhh, well I..." I looked down, my cheeks flushing with colour. "Let's just go inside."

I sighed, wanted to to fall in to the depths of Callum's eyes again, and never leave. I wonder if he experienced the same thing...

"Yoo-hoo! Earth to Ayesha!" Rosalie snapped in front of my face. How did we get to the office so quickly? "She wants your papers." Rose motioned to the plump lady dressed in pink sitting behind an organized desk.

"Oh, right. Of course, sorry," I mumbled and handed her a stack of white papers with all my class information.

While chewing on the end of a pen, the lady typed up several things in to the computer on her desk and then handed me a schedule."These are all your classes and all the rooms they're in. This is a map of the school and this is your locker number and combination. Have a nice day."

She turned around and continue to type things in to the computer, practically ignoring the fact that I was here.

We stepped out of the office. "Sorry, girl, but my locker is pretty far away from yours so I'll be way over there. Can you make it by yourself?" Rose asked me.

"For sure. See you in a few."

I walked down the hallway, splitting up from Rosalie and Pepper and took in everything.

All the lockers, the students, it was crazy! There has never been so many kids at the Quileute school...

As I passed the different cliques, I heard several jocks laughing and tossing around a ball.

"Hey, new bait!"

I kept my head forward, but slowed down slightly to see what was going on.

"Hey new girl." I didn't reply, knowing I was aggravating whoever was talking to me. I smirked. " I said hey new girl."

I could hear a football whizzing through the air, targeted at the back of my head. A nano-second before it could contact with my skull, I spun around, caught it and whipped it back. The perfect spiral flew through the air and hit the 'main jock' in the chest and he fell back.

I continued walking with a straight face.

"What was that Jenkins?" One kid yelled.

I wanted to bust my gut laughing but stayed emotionless. Suddenly, I felt eyes, once again, burning in to my back.

Who is she?

A voice echoes in the back of my mind; a velvety sweet voice, at that. I hold myself back from turning around. I want to look in to Callum's eyes again, but I don't know what will happen.

Who are you?

I listened as hard as I could with my mind, but heard nothing. It felt like a slight emptiness was inside of me; or, rather, not inside of me...

Can't mind that now Ayesha. Must find locker, I thought with determination. I marched down the hallways, pushing through every person in my way, ignoring the groans of pain and yells of annoyance.