"I don't think so," Luke shrugged. He shot me another look. "I do want to go somewhere, though. Care to join me?"

My eyes narrowed at him. "That depends. Where are we going?" It didn't matter where we were headed, actually. I knew I'd go with him anywhere once he asked.

---

"The Sea Cliff Bridge?"

I'd be more confused if I didn't see Luke smiling so much. "Yeah! You know, some fresh air would do us both some good." He lowered both windows and immediately I felt the wind hit my face.

"Fresh air? That's why we're here?" My voice had to be a bit louder since the sound of the wind was quite loud and Luke was currently singing along to The Anthem by Good Charlotte.

"I come here when I want to take my mind off things."

"What happens when we reach the end?"

"Then we go back and do it again."

I shook my head. "You're crazy."

"Enjoy your surroundings, Calum. Really look." Luke seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself, which I guess was good enough in my book.

I faced towards the sea, watching as large waves hit the shore. I let myself enjoy the moment, the feeling of salty wind and being seated in Luke's car like we were the only two people in the world.

The current song playing had ended. I didn't notice at first, but it was apparently my voice singing through the speakers.

Life's a tangled web,
Of cellphone calls and hashtag I-don't-knows.
And you, you're so caught up,
In all the blinking lights and dial tones.

My gaze flickered from Luke's phone then at Luke himself. "You have my song on your phone?"

Luke winked at me before turning up the volume.

Tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps,
Here in the moment on the dark side of the screen.

And suddenly he was singing at the top of his lungs. "I like the sound of rain,
I like the sounds you make. We put the world away, we get so disconnected!" He continued to sing along, very loudly might I add, even going so far as to start drumming on the steering wheel. "Hands around my waist, you're counting up the hills across the sheets. And I'm a falling star, a glimmer lighting up these cotton streets."

Of course, I decided to go along. "I admit I'm a bit of a fool for playing by the rules," I sang just as loud, making Luke stop and stare at me with this big grin present on his face. "But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you."

Then we were both singing along as loud as we could, the wind carrying our voices and the people in the few cars passing by probably looking at us like we were a couple of weirdos.

I was starting to understand what Luke meant. Here, it felt like I was floating.

Turn off the radio,
Those late night TV shows,
Hang up the telephone,
And just be here with me.

I turned to Luke who now had his arm stretched outside the window, feeling the wind on his hand.

I like the summer rain,
I like the sounds you make,
We put the world away,
We get so disconnected.

The whole scene had me unable to look away from Luke. Maybe it was the way the sunlight fell upon his face, making his hair seem golden and the light hitting him beautifully no matter what angle he turned his head.

You are my getaway,
You are my favourite place,
We put the world away,
Yeah we're so disconnected.

Maybe it was the way the blue sea or the clear sky were mirrored in his eyes. Maybe it was because he was still singing along to my song at the top of his lungs, his whole being looking at peace and just so happy.

I like the summer rain,
I like the sounds you make,
We put the world away,
We get so disconnected.

It amazed me just how much I could be in love with a moment.

You are my getaway,
You are my favourite place,
We put the world away,
Yeah we're so disconnected.

And how much I could be in love with a person.