chapter 2 - we have to flee

Start bij het begin

But Jake.....he seemed to think it was amazing.

“Wow!! How did you do that??!!! That was awesome!” He exclaimed.

He started to look at me full of enthusiasm. I smiled.

I explained to him how I did it, what made him WAY more enthusiastic.

“Can you also lift rocks the size of...ehhhh.....yourself, maybe???” He asked.

I nodded.

He run of immediately. I had no idea where to, but I guessed I would find that out soon enough, because he yelled “Come! We’re going to find one!” without turning around to look if I would actually follow him.

I ran after him, laughing.

Moments later we arrived in the city. We hadn’t found a gigantic rock yet, but that didn’t bother me so much anymore. All the things I saw here.....it was amazing to see all of it! The houses in this place were all made of stone and there were even houses you could just walk into and get some food!

Jake explained to me how it worked in the city.

“You have to pay for food. You give the money to the man behind the counter and he’ll let you take the food you’ve chosen with you.”

I nodded. I had to remember this for when I needed food.

“But...what’s the money here?” I asked him.

“We pay with Jewels in here. I brought some from home when….when I left. Here’s some, for if you ever need it.”

He gave me some of the money. It were papers with a symbol on it. This was the symbol of the Jewels.

We walked around in the city, because I asked for it. Jake had thought that it was a good idea and we walked to every house, place, stall or fountain I wanted to look at.

Jake explained me everything about living in a city and I tried to remember everything so it would be permanently in my memory.

When we arrived at a busy market street, I suddenly became very scared. There were so many....so many people....

Jake took my hand and we walked through it together. Everyone looked very nice, especially the people behind the stalls. I even got an apple from a man, without having to pay for it!

I thanked him and walked along with Jake, who didn’t let go of my hand.

I looked up at him.

It feels like having a brother. I thought.

While I was eating my apple, Jake suddenly stopped walking. I didn’t expect this and almost bumped into his back.

“Jake, what’s wrong? Why are you stopping?”

He pointed with his hand at the wall.

I was shocked like hell when I saw what it was, what he was pointing at.

It was a ‘missing’ poster.

With his name.

With his face.

Jake’s POV

This….this was really bad. The people in this city could start suspecting something anytime. I’m of course only seven years old and I’m walking with a girl of the same age, but without parents.

I ripped the poster from the wall and began to run while still holding Emily’s hand.

“Come! They could recognize me any moment!” I speeded up a bit.