(AU) Those Eyes (pt.5)

"(y/n)? (y/n)?! Answer me!"

"(y/n), I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Sir, this is all my fault. I'm sorry. I will go—"

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up after a glimpse of memory running through my head.

     I mean, what was that? I don't think that ever happened. I blinked for few times to get a full consciousness, only to find an unfamiliar ceiling. Yes, I remember. I fell asleep after looking through an old photo album with my colleague—my childhood friend, too.

     I propped my body using my hand to sit, finding myself was lying on a bed. I thought I wasn't asleep on a bed. "Haru?" I peeked out from the bedroom—his bedroom, to be precise. "Oh, you awake." A voice said from somewhere. I blushed, hearing his somehow-reassuring voice.

     "Breakfast?" I entered the kitchen; it's not too big but warm, somehow. The scent of fish—mackerel,   filling the kitchen. "Mm, smelt good." I walked closer to him and peeked behind his shoulder. "You... like mackerels?" He asked, his ears looks slightly red. "Yes, I kinda love them. You too?" I pulled a nearby chair and sit, though a little hesitant. "T-thank you for sitting there." He muttered and I looked up, meeting his shy gaze. "Huh?"

     "The situation would be awkward if... if you didn't sit." He looked at me over his shoulder; his cheeks redden until his ears. 

     "Now that you mention it I kinda feel shy." I chuckled, easing out my nervousness. 

     "I-I shouldn't have said anything." He turned his eyes back to the mackerels he cooked while maybe, busying himself with cooking.

     He's kinda cute. Or perhaps, more than that.

*****

His cooking was amazing, together with some small talks.

     I poured some orange juice for both of us. "So," Haru started. "How was your sleep?" I sat back on my seat and drink the orange juice I poured for myself. "Like a baby. I don't remember the last time I slept like that." It's true, though. I have almost no space for myself in my own schedule. "Good." Haru drank his juice and I slightly saw him smiling. "Ah, talking about sleep, I remember I dreamed of something," I chuckled. "or maybe it wasn't a dream."

     "How so?" He asked while propping his chin using his hand. "Actually, I don't think I have ever seen it as an old memory nor dream but... I, somehow, got a feeling it happened before." I scratched my head and gulped down my orange juice, again. "Do you mind telling me about it?" All of sudden, Haru's face turned sullen as he leaned in, as if very interested. "Sure," I said.

     "It's just like some fragments but, okay." I coughed. "So, someone was calling me and it was like I'm in the middle of an accident or something like that, you get me?" Haru just nod. "Someone was apologizing to me amidst crowds, his face was a blur, his voice was a little crack-y, but also deep, somehow—a teenage boy's voice." I chuckled, finding my own story of my dream was a little too detailed. "Go on,"

     "It seemed like he was trying to confirm himself—I guess, that I'm actually fine. After that, things changed. Suddenly it was all dark, I could see nothing. But I did hear the same voice apologizing. Not to me, though. He apologized to someone older, someone like my father or something. He blamed himself. He said it was his fault. I don't know what he did but he seemed so ashamed of it." I continued. "He said he will go. I don't know where or when or what he meant but, he said he will go." I knitted my brows in that little confusion while Haru keep wearing his sullen expression.

     "What's wrong, H-Haru?" I'm still a bit hesitant calling him by his first name. It's like his heart stopped for a moment; because his face turned pale, his eyes widen—not even blinking for few second, his usual expressionless face gone for a moment, replaced by a sullen, yet shocked expression. "Haruka?" I peered into his face, trying to figure what he have been thinking of.

     "Haruka!" I yelled and banged my hands onto the table. He blinked his eyes for few times and he took a long, deep breath, as if to reassure himself. "What's wrong?" I pushed his orange juice closer to him, offering him to drink more to calm himself. "I..." He muttered, looking away. "Okay, I-I'm sorry I yelled and banged the table but... I was worried. What happened?" I said, scratching one of my brows and leaned back to the seat backrest. "I think this is the right time," Haru looked down and propped his forehead using his hands, as if he was in the middle of a chaotic situation.

     "Huh?" I knitted my brows together. "That wasn't a mere dream." He lifted his head, his eyes are scared, yet filled with quite a determination. "So it happened? It truly happened?" I never thought I would believe his little words. I also never thought I would take it as more-than-a-joke. "It did happened. I... I saw it with my own two eyes." His expression changed, again; the way he knitted his brows until it made a little wrinkle, the way his lips turned into a sad smile, his sad, wavering eyes.

     "It was possibly my voice from 7 years ago."