(AU) Those Eyes

I try to make an AU because I think I should try to make something new!

This is my first AU so please tell me what you think.

Haru and the Reader were colleagues (inspired from one of my favorite game, Office Lover xD)

*if anyone play or going to play Office Lover 2, please enter my code: jajXRn

thanks

----------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

"Good morning everyone!" I greeted as I place my bag on my desk. "Good morning, Ms. (l/n)." It's Mr. Tachibana. He's my manager at this publishing company I signed myself in. I do admire him. He's a great editor while  he was also a great reporter back in his early 20's. "Does anyone want some coffee?" I stood and asked while taking my glass to the small kitchen in the office.

     "Please make one for me, (l/n)." My colleague, Mr. Ryugazaki. He's quite strict and smart-looking. I always thought he's hard to approach... "Sure. The usual?" I walked towards him with a smile fixed on my face. "Of course." He adjusted his glasses on his nose while nodding his head, slightly. "Any other?"

     "Ah, (y/n), me!" That's my other colleague, Hazuki Nagisa. Ever since I came to this office, he always call me my first name. I don't mind, though. He's very cheerful and youthful. He's like the sun in the office. While the other are quite serious, he's very cheerful. He always lighten up the mood.

     "Sure."

*****

As I made my way to the kitchen, I bumped into someone's sturdy chest. "I-I'm sorry!" Thank goodness I could still hold all the glass on the tray I took with. The man didn't say anything so I looked up. I looked up only to find two piercing eyes looking at me, coldly. "I—um, I'm sorry." Those cold ocean-blue eyes staring at me; looking through.

     This is awkward.

     "So, e-excuse me." I nodded a little as I walk past him. "No," I looked back to the source of the voice. He didn't turn his back to talk, really. "it's also my fault." With that, he left. Leaving mysteries of himself behind.

     It's my other colleague, Nanase Haruka. He's known as the Ice Sculpture from the translation departement. He's very handsome with that tall body and chiseled face. Not to mention his mesmerizing ocean-blue eyes. Some of my female colleagues often make some fuss about him. He's handsome but so much more harder to approach than Mr. Ryugazaki.

*****

"There you go," I said as I place a cup of coffee on Mr. Hazuki's desk. "Thank you so much, (y/n)! Ah, you're always so kind..." He said with a genuine, innocent smile on his face. "Making coffee is my other duty, Mr. Hazuki." I replied with another smile while putting the tray on an empty table. "I said just call me Nagisa!" He pouted, making his face looks so much younger than before. I laughed nonchalantly and walked back to my desk.

     Mr. Tachibana stood in front of my desk with a sheaf of documents on his hand. "Mr. Tachibana? What's wrong?" I asked while furrowing my brows. "Ah, Ms. (l/n), I was looking for you." He said with a soft, gentle smile painted on his face. "Everything okay?" I peered into his face. "I have a great news for you."

     "Really?" I asked with a curious smile on my face.

     "So... someone from the translation department came few days ago." He said. "He was interested in your ability to speak in few languages. And so, he invited you to join the translation departement."

     "What?" I always wanted to be at the translation department. It seems like people from that department had lot of fun working.

     "I agreed and decided to move you to that department. I just need to ask you now. Do you want to?"

     "O-of course, sir!" I stammered out, trying to keep my composure while my heart's screaming in excitement.

     "Great. Now pack your things and move to that department. We're going to miss you here in the editorial department."

*****

With a box full of my things in my hands and my bag on one of my shoulders, I walk with wobbly steps to the translation department. Nagisa cried a little when I said I will leave the editorial department. Though, I only move to another department, not another company.

     As I make my way to the translation department, one of my stuffs slipped out from the box. "Ah!" I try to use my leg to hold it but instead I bumped into another person. Again. "Dammit! I-I'm sorry!" I looked up to see the same eyes I saw before.

     Those mesmerizing ocean-blue eyes.

     "You." He muttered under his breath, sending me chills down my spine. "I, uh—haha. We... we bumped into each other again. Literally." I said while chuckling to hide my embarrassment. Turns out, it's very awkward. "Yeah." He said and held his hand out.

     The thing I try to catch before is on his hand. "Wow, thanks." I smiled and take the thing with me. He averted his gaze. "It's... nothing. Really." I don't know why he averted his gaze. I can't read his expression. Not to mention his icy glare before, he's also hard to read.

     But now, really. Those eyes reminds me of something.

     Reminds me of something I had forgotten for years.