stand by me

Amanda pov

We all walked through the Gilbert house expect for Damon because he was still at the island looking for Bonnie. Stefan carried Jeremy's body in the house I was just hoping Jeremy will wake up soon because this is the first time hes been out for awhile.

" you guys are back I was just-" Caroline stopped talking when she seen Stefan carrying Jeremy

"Come on lets get him upstairs." Elena says to Stefan. I walked into the kitchen and up to the sink and cried.

"Love its gonna be okay." klaus says. I just looked at him and he wiped my tears. "Come here." I walked into Klaus's chest and cried.

"Hes,hes,hes, gonna be fine right?" I told Klaus."Nik I,I, can't lose my brother." Klaus kissed my forehead but didn't say anything. I didn't know what I'll do if Jeremy doesn't wake up.

"Darling here drink." I looked and seen kol was holding up a water bottle.

"Im not thirsty." I walked away from Klaus and Kol and went up stairs. I walked down the hallway to Jeremy's room. I seen Stefan lay Jeremy on the bed the way Stefan looks at Elena and Jeremy makes me think hes not coming back.

"Can I get you anything?" Stefan tells Elena.

"No im fine." Elena says. I walk into the room.

"We're just gonna sit here and wait with him until he wakes up." Elena looked at me." let us know if you here anything about Bonnie,okay?"

"Yeah,sure." Stefan says then he walked out the room.

" he's gonna wake up soon." Elena tells me. I walked and grabbed a blanket then I walked over to Jeremy and I covered him with it. "Amanda please say something." I turned around and walked and sat at Jeremy's desk. I pulled out his journal and opened it

"Today I found out im gonna be a uncle and im very excited. Hope im having a nephew because its gonna be so much easier for me." I read out loud. Then on the side of the paper Jeremy drew a picture of him and I together.

"Amanda I dont think you sh-"

"I know I shouldn't read his journal but I cant look at him laying on the bed." I wiped my tears." you remember when mom first brought Jeremy home from the hospital." Elena startes smiling.

"We tried to give him away." Elena says." mom and dad were furious with us." I smiled.

" you remember in middle school we jumped Stacy because she slapped Jeremy." Elena nodded.

"I remember when I brought Matt home for the first time as a couple Jeremy gave him the talk right after dad did." I started laughing

" you break my big sister's heart I'll break your face." Elena and I looked at each other." he needs to wake up, this family already lost so much and I cant and wont accept him being gone"

"Hes gonna wake up Amanda hes wearing the ring."

"Then what's taking so long?!" I yelled

"Ric took awhile to wake up too." Elena says. I walked out the room and downstairs and I was gonna go into the kitchen but I stopped because I heard Caroline and Stefan talking

" how long have they been like this?" Caroline says.

"Ever since we found his body." Stefan says." They haven't said anything except that they're waiting for him to wake up."

" but he's not going to wake up they know that right?" Caroline says. A few minutes later I heard the sink like that's going to help

"Look. Deep down, I think they have to, but we're talking about Elena and Amanda here. They feel grief more powerfully than anyone else. I think their denial is a one thing protecting the both from letting it all in." Stefan says.