Chapter Forty-Eight

I'm going to explode.

Very, very soon.

"Anything? Anything at all?" I ask the tech guru pack member for the billionth time since we came back to my house. He's been working on Emma's smashed mobile phone ever since to try to find anything that could be any sort of information as to where she's been taken with my little sister, and the time that it's taking to rebuild the data is currently driving me insane. He shakes his head and goes back to playing with the micro bits from the phone and trying out different patterns to piece them together, his glasses falling low on the bridge of his nose.

"You're infuriating." I state, limply falling onto a chair by the dining table with a heavy sigh. This causes a small smile to form on his lips, but otherwise, he stays mute.

The door then opens and Asher marches in, approaching the table and his pack member. "Anything?" He asks, and I'm about to open my mouth to tell him no when the guy looks up from the phone with a stone face.

"Slowly progressing Alpha. Might take a few more hours, maybe a whole day, it depends how smashed the card really is, which I'll be getting to hopefully in under an hour." He goes back to his work with a polite nod.

My mouth falls open.

What.

The.

Hell?

"This is going to drive me insane!" I exclaim, jumping up from my chair and walking out of the room, trying to slam the door. But before it goes shut a foot comes in between it and the wall, and Asher follows me with a sullen look. "Don't look at me like I'm an impatient child who's pissing you off!" I warn, to which he sets his lips in a thin line.

"But you are impatient, and you are pissing me off." He states with a shrug, which fuels my anger even more.

"Well sorry if I'm the only one around here who actually wants something to happen so that we can find out where the hell Killian's taken them!" In an instant Asher is in front of me and I gulp, taking a step back at his trembling rage making his body shake.

"Don't you think," He seethes slowly, "that I want to find them as much as you do?

-That's questionable." I answer calmly, to which he sighs with furious annoyance. He runs a hand through his disheveled dark hair, eyes flashing from gold to oceanic blue non-stop.

"My best friend is locked away in a room, torturing himself because his mate has been taken, and you're questioning my will to find them again?

-Well why don't we actually do something then, instead of just sitting around and waiting for a stupid phone that probably won't even end up working anyway!?

-Well please Camilla, please tell us what a brilliant idea you've got that wouldn't involve putting the whole pack in danger!" He gestures wildly and I set my lips, annoyance creeping in.

"I've already told you, let me contact Killian.

-And I told you," He replies dangerously calm, "I will never allow that. I won't let him come near you again." He turns around and begins to walk off as I ball my fists.

"I can't just sit here and do nothing Asher!"

-I don't care what you do Camilla, but until we find a lead to them, you won't do anything that will risk bringing anyone from the pack in danger without my consent, understood?"

I grit my teeth as he opens the door and hiss out, "Yes, Alpha."

He freezes and without another word, slams the door behind him, leaving me in the quiet hall.