Chapter Nineteen

An annoying light presses on my closed eyelids and I groan, stretching my arms with more drama than needed. A deep, rich laughter fills my ear like a lovely morning melody awakening me instead of a blaring alarm clock.

"I could get used to seeing this."

I peer my eyes open, still fixed in the same stretched out position, and flash an annoyed glare at Asher.

-Seeing what?" I sit up with crossed legs and I have to glance downwards to stop myself from drooling over his shirtless perfectly toned torso, a deep v dipping down into his grey joggers. His dark locks hang damply around his face, signalling that's he's just taken a shower, and he carries a used towel in the other. He tosses the towel to the side and takes long strides towards his bed, before crawling up on it and leaning forwards on his arms so that our noses are nearly touching. I suck in a breath, fully aware now and any morning laziness evaporated, and stay frozen in my sitting position as he dips his head and hot breath fans my neck.

-You... in my bed..." He murmurs seductively, and as his hand takes my side and slides down onto my hip I snap out of my trance and slap it away.

-Last time I checked, this was my bed, because you'll be staying on the floor for quite some more nights." I let out coolly, smirking mischievously when he chuckles and leans back, sliding off of the bed with grace. I glance at the arranged mattress with the pillows and covers sprawled messily over it and I have to grit my teeth to prevent the OCD to kick in.

God, I hate mess...

"I like to hear that you'll be staying.

-I promised didn't I?

-But you have to go home to your parents and Mary.

-Yes." My tone dips down and he sighs, running a hand through his wet, dishevelled hair. The mood shifts and he strolls over to his wardrobe, sliding a dark tee over his head that hugs his muscles perfectly.

I have to wipe some more drool away.

Without another word he walks over to the balcony doors, slides them open, steps outside, and enclosed me in my own space once again. His room seems so much more empty now that's gone. Hesitantly I crawl out of bed and make my way to the balcony myself, clicking the sliding doors shut as the cool winter breeze hits me. The dark green treetops specked with white span out endlessly with the dark silhouettes of mountains beyond, and the frozen lake looks even more beautiful in the faint morning sun. Before I can stop myself I step forward and wrap my arms around Asher's back, feeling him freeze and then relax. He turns around and bring me into his own arms, and I allow myself to bury my face in his tee shirt, already carrying his mouthwatering scent of the sleeping rainy forest.

"I'm scared." I whisper softly, knowing that he heard me despite my muffled voice in his cotton tee.

-What are you scared about?

-Killian, the shadow, the visions, you and me, everything." His arms tense around me but he rests his chin on the crown of my head, warming me from the cold despite the thin pyjama bottoms and cotton long-sleeve that I'm wearing.

-I'm irresistible Cami, you won't be able to stay away from me." I groan at his cockiness and he chuckles overhead.

-Way to ruin the moment.

-And Killian? We'll just have to wait and see. But I don't like him being in your head." I freeze and back away slightly, looking up at his steely blue eyes filled with emotions that I can't decipher.

-How do you know?" I don't recall myself telling him anything about the visions or the intrusions in my head, but then again, my mind's been everywhere lately.