Painful Words

I headed back to the room and laid back down on the bed of nightmares. I tossed and turned but no matter what I did, I couldn't go back to sleep. I was too terrified of the dreams that haunts me. I'm afraid that if I close my eyes, Ryder was going to be gone. I reached over and grabbed his pillow and held it close to me. I just want to cry. These dreams, I hate them all. I hate him for causing me dismay. I hate him for making me feel insecure about everything.

The door opened and closed as I sat up to find Ryder. I let out a breath of relief but he stares at me worriedly. "Love? What's wrong?" He looks me over and yet again, I couldn't tell him a thing. I just shook my head, changing the topic. "What took you so long?"

He narrows his eyes, the way he only does when he wants to get information out of somebody. Or more like me. Ryder first takes off his watch, then takes out his wallet and puts both items on the desk while keeping his eyes glued to me. "Kamier sent me on a late errand," he says. I start to melt on the inside at his now intense stare. He moves towards me. "Care to explain why you're still up?" He asks as he sits down across from me.

"I couldn't sleep without you," I mumbled.

Ryder hummed with a smirk. "Cute. But I want the truth, love." He moves closer then traps me between his arms as they were on either side of me. My heart hammered and raced.

"I-uhm," I stammered. He draws closer making my breath hitch.

"You what?" He whispers.

I bit my lip out of the anxiety of my damn heart. Ryder's eyes moved to my heaving chest making a deep blush erupt on my cheeks. "Just c-couldn't sleep," I finally replied.

His eyes snapped back to mine making me back away only to have Ryder pull me back and push me down onto the bed. I squeaked a yelp and held him up with my hands on his chest. He grunted as he glared at my hands which then shook making him look at me with a dark look. "Are you sure?" He asks both dangerously and sexually.

I whimpered. "Not really," I quickly say and tried to move out of the trap when he grabs my wrists and pin them down. Ryder chuckles at my effort. "Baby love, I wouldn't have done that." He comes down and kisses my forehead, down to my nose, brushes over my lips, kisses my chin, and ended at my lips with a weak kneed kiss. I completely let my guard down and relax. He lets go of my wrists and keeps kissing me as one of his hand goes up under my shirt. He grunts and pulls back. Ryder lifts up my shirt a bit to reveal my tucked in tank top.

He glares at me as I bit my lip. "What did I say about wearing too many layers?"

"That it was alright if you weren't around," I replied quietly making his eyes darken because he knew it was the truth.

"Well said," he gritted as he pecks my lips and gets off the bed, pulling me up as well. He picks me up and heads towards the bathroom. "Take a shower with me."

I deeply blushed. "Take one yourself," I tried to argue.

He all but smirked and continued on. He set me on the bathroom counter and spreads my legs so he was in between them. My heart was hammering painfully hard and his closeness was clouding my mind. Ryder kept his heated eyes on me. "Try not to drool, baby love," he says then takes off his shirt as the muscles on his sides, abs, and chest hotly moved. I fought the urge to close my legs or else he would know a pool was starting but I'm pretty sure he knows what else is running in my head.

He throws his shirt away and caressed my neck, pulling both of us towards each other, and softly kisses me. Slowly and softly then deeply and passionately. My stomach went in loops and my mind was now just clouded with nothing but him. The way he touches me. The way he kisses me. The way he holds me close and stays close. Ryder pulls away and looks me over with that same heated look like he could just take me there and then.