Gone and Back

"Come on, Scarlett. Please?" Landon pleaded as he slapped his hands together. "Pretty please? Just this once!"

I looked at him nervously and shook my head. "I don't think so, Landon. Ryder wouldn't like that."

"He doesn't even have to know," Landon then quickly said to persuade me even more to go to the movies with him. "I mean seriously, princess. You've been cooped up in the room ever since Ryder left. It's not healthy for you, you know."

It's been nearly half a month since Ryder had been gone and I was starting to miss that possessive idiot. There will be days when I would receive flowers from him and then he'll call in around the afternoon asking if I got them.

It was simple.

It was sweet.

Then there will be days when he will call when I'm about to head to bed then the next day he'll get angry with me because I went to sleep on him.

It was cute.

It was adorable.

Like the other passed days, I haven't received another gorgeous bouquet of stargazers around the afternoon and Ryder has not called to make sure I had received them. It was...weird and off. To say I was disappointed, I really was. I was looking forward to getting them.

It was a sign to me that he cared.

It was a sign that I existed.

I chewed my bottom lip as Landon's brown eyes held even more plea. Landon has been asking me nonstop for the whole day now and I was getting annoyed. I closed my eyes and heavily sighed. "Fine. But just this once," I said as I closed the door on him before he could say anything. I went into the large walk-in closet and pulled on a pair of acid wash destroyed skinny jeans and a white long sleeve that was a little shorter than how I liked it to be, because every time I raised my arms, the shirt would go up showing off my stomach.

I slipped my feet in a pair of white converse and tied my hair into a high ponytail while stripping some hair to cover my ears. I put some diamond studs in and then slipped the necklace Ryder gave me around my neck. I grabbed everything I needed which was just my phone clutch and a jacket with a built in hoodie and left out of the room.

Landon was leaned against the wall waiting for me as I made my appearance. As he looked up, his eyes slowly roamed me over. "You look sexy, Princess," he said as his head tilted to look at me better.

My stomach churned with unease. "If you keep looking at me like that, I'm not going anywhere with you," I threatened. Landon's eyes shot up to meet mine with a smile making my heart beat a little faster as Ryder's smirk played in my head.

"But I cannot help it. I am but a man, Princess," he says as he extends his hand. "Shall we?"

I scratched my phone clutch nervously then walked towards the stairs without saying another word, knowing very well that if Ryder finds out he will probably kill Landon for even talking to me.

We ended up going to a club instead where he said his friends were all waiting for him. Through my protest and struggle, Landon managed to get me in. Minutes went to hours since we've arrived. I sat uncomfortably as his friends kept offering me a drink which I kindly turned down. Landon was now off probably munching on some girl's face as he just left me at the table surrounded by strange men and a few girls.

"Come on, just one?" Said Teddy, a thirty year old guy with a shoulder length hair and a full grown beard.

I shook my head. "No thank you. I don't drink around people I don't know."