Chapter 14.

{ Picture of Hunter in the Side Thingy! }

The next Tuesday, we broke off from school for Christmas break. The other good news was that Chris had now been discharged from the hospital and was more or less ok now. He had to go and get a scan in 3 weeks but that was just a check up. So basically, things were back to normal.

Me and Hunter though...things were changing drastically. We'd slept in each others bed every night since the hospital, we held hands on a daily basis...but yet we didn't discuss what was going on with us. We kept our new actions a secret from Mom and Chris, but they definitley knew that Hunter was changing his ways. It was just obvious.

Currently, Hunter was lying flat on the bed whilst I snuggled into his chest. His arm was around my waist, and my hand tracing up and down his bare stomach. It was probably around 5 pm, but we were in bed already. Something told me that we just needed to be in each other's arms.

"You never wear a shirt in bed." I pointed out.

"It gets too hot." He murmured. Hunter was still in his black skinny jeans, he'd just thrown off his I've lost my fucking mind t-shirt.

"So why do you always wear hoodies outside in 40 degrees weather?"

"I dunno."

"You're gonna get heat stroke and die..."

"Possibly."

"Don't you care?"

"Nope."

"I don't like one word answers."

"Ok."

"Stop giving me one word answers!"

"Fine."

"Are you doing this on purpose now?"

"No..."

"Tell me the truth."

"...Possibly."

Rolling my eyes, I playfully slapped my hand across Hunter's stomach. He chuckled and then grabbed my hand to stop me from hitting him again, but then he didn't let go. Slipping my fingers between Hunter's, I sighed and looked at our intertwined hands.

"This is nice." I murmured.

"Yeah."

"I think we need to talk about it though..."

"What's there to talk about though?"

"Well..." I began. "We used to attack each other for no reason...and now we're always finding excuses to lie down with each other. We hold hands and sleep in each other's bed and then...we act like what we're doing is normal."

"It is though."

"No it's not..."

"Look." Hunter sighed. "I like doing this with you because it makes me feel good and it's nice. That's the only explanation I have. And if you're looking for anything different, then you're not gonna get it."

"What if Lux came in?" I asked briefly. "What if she came in now and saw us like this? She'd think that you were cheating-"

"But I'm not!" He snapped. "Kat, if you don't wanna keep doing this then just say so."

"What?" I cried. "No, no, no. That's not what I meant. I just wanted to see if you had a reason for always holding my hand and sleeping in my bed. That's all."

"Oh. Well..." Hunter was quiet for a few minutes, then he started running his fingers over mine. "Do you like Bring Me The Horizon?"

"What?"