Chapter 2.

The sun blazed through the open window and the light woke me up instantly. I stretched my arms out, let out a huge yawn, and rolled over onto my side. I regretted it instantly though, because Hunter was already awake, and staring at me.

Hunter was gazing ahead at my morning face. My no makeup, morning face with morning hair and morning breath to match.

"Beautiful." He murmured, his sarcastic tone offending me slightly.

I stood up immediatley and then rushed over to the mirror. My platinum blonde hair was all over the place and my eyes were red and crusty. I groaned, and then began brushing my hair quickly.

I thought about insulting Hunter's looks...but I couldn't do that. I was a lot of things, but not a liar. And saying that Hunter was amazing ugly, was an amazingly big lie.

"Just keep your thoughts to yourself and we'll get through this sharing a room situation just fine." I said lightly whilst adding some lip balm. Once my hair was neatly brushed and I'd applied some light eye tinter, I turned around to face Hunter.

Only, he wasn't there.

The door was swung wide open and I heard footsteps emerging down the stairs. Of course it was Hunter, but how had he gotten out so quick without me noticing? I shrugged it off. Hunter was strange and mysterious in many more ways. Him walking out of a room unnoticed was certainly not the worst.

Flashback

"Happy Birthday Hunter!"

I emerged into Hunter's room with a huge grin on my face and a present in my hands. It was the 31st of December or in other words, Hunter's 15th birthday.

Chris had told me that Hunter didn't like it when people made a fuss over his birthday and that he'd rather act as if it wasn't. But I was a sucker for any occasion, and I liked to keep things alive and happy.

I walked over to Hunter who was lying down on his single bed, hands behind his head and sketch pad folded across his chest. That was one of the things that I had picked up about Hunter over the 2 years that I'd known him. He liked to sketch, or write, or whatever he did in that little notepad. All that I really knew though, was that he was very secretive.

His green eyes flickered over to mine; clearly not impressed.

"Get out." He said sharply. I shook my head, keeping the grin on my face and then I held the neatly wrapped present out to him. When he didn't take it, I dropped it down on his stomach.

"Open it!" I urged.

Hunter simply shook his head.

"Come on!"

"No, Kat."

"Please?"

"No means freaking no."

"Why not?!"

SUddenly, Hunter picked up the present and then threw it to the other side of the room. It cracked against the wall and then dropped to the floor. I looked back at Hunter, and crossed my arms.

"What did you do that for?" I whined. Hunter completely ignored me, stood up, and walked right past my body. I turned after him, following him as he quickly sprinted down the stairs. "Hunter, where are you going?!"

Hunter reached the front door, and I hurried after him. "Hunter! Mom, Chris, Hunter ran off!"

Chris suddenly ran through to the hall and then shot quickly towards the open door which Hunter had just sprinted out of. He stepped outside, and searched around. "HUNTER?!"