chapter 1: my childhood memory

Watching the white clouds outside the small window of the plane, makes me  feel like I’m in heaven. Seeing how bright the white color of this clouds was, makes my soul flies like an angel. This feeling after I left my beloved country when I was 7 of  age is just unexplainable, I’m excited yet I feel so sad in another way.

The announcer speaks saying that the plane will now landed in few minutes. I snap out of my little day dream as I saw everyone moving to their seats. Just as the attendants roam around the narrow aisle of this vehicle to check every passengers, making sure that seat belts were put on, making sure thins are placed below the seat properly, I buckled mine and put my bag down to my seat and prepare myself from the breath taking landing of the plane. I breathed heavily to release some air. Just then after 15 minutes circling the air, the plane landed safely. Clicks for the seatbelts in unbuckling them were heard and passengers started to get their things from the cabin as soon as the plane settled on the hole where we will exits. I took mine and waited until people gets lesser in number inside. By then I’ll take myself out.

I spend almost 20 years in japan, living with my mother who just got divorce from my father at my age of that and with my step-father whom my mother chose to live in and marry again. Relationships never been accurate and good for my parents as they didn’t  go well along with each other. They fought, they argue yelling due to my father’s lack of doing his responsibility. Unlucky we are, yes, me and my brother whom I didn’t met since then. We were somewhat or somehow became a merchandise where my parents bid to whom we will gonna end up living, I stayed with my mother and my brother stayed with my father but as I heard, life wasn’t as easy for them both as I and my mother lived like a queen and a prince with the care of my wealthy step-father, I had one half sibling, a girl, she’s now 15 years of age. Lucky I am and I felt pity for my brother. I live in heaven and he needed to live in hell.

I stretch out my arms and I slightly remove my eye glasses that are graded so high as I exited the airport --- I had some sort of eye problem when I was 10 and my eyes slowly going blurry, since then I never worn out my glasses--- to clean them.  I wrinkled my brows as my eyes felt a little uncomfortable due to the sunlight, it‘s indeed summer. I put them back after and worn a smile on my lips.

“Finally!,, is the only word I uttered after clicking my tongue. Feeling excited, I quickly raise a hand to inform the cab  that was parked across me, informing that I need one, and the cab driver immediately went inside his yellow car and drive going to where I am standing. I gave him the address before going in, making sure that he knows where I am going, he smiled, thankfully he knows, like what he said and nodded in assurance, he gets out of the car and helped me with my luggage and I hopped in after. 

My journey to seoul, south korea, my mother land, now started, few hours of commute and sight seeing around, the buildings surely increase in number, as I mumbled, and the driver just smiled and agreed to me.

“I haven’t been here for a long time, 20 years?,,I smiled as I calculated in mind and told the driver..

“surely  as how you being so amused to seoul..the driver talked back..

The memory of the past suddenly pass through my mind, how we lived like we can get everything we want at first but lived like lacking in everything after my father was laid off from work and we begun  to lived everyday with arguments of my parents after all. The memory of me and my brother, I miss everything and somehow feeling guilty for not bringing him with my luck. I felt so bad. I felt like I am a bad brother to my brother while I am being so good and close to my half sister.

The car finally stopped and I was inform by the driver, I snapped out and gave the fare to him, and slowly  steps out of the cab. My luggage was put in front of the gate as where I stood after thanking the driver.