The Energetic Orange Chipmunk

Natalie's P.O.V
Hmm...something doesn't feel right...

The balloon in my hand popped as I heard her say my name. I zoomed over to her, grabbed onto her shirt, and got all up in her business! How could she know my name?! I don't know her, so how can she know me?!

"ARE YOU PSYCHIC?!" I asked loudly. Answer me woman! Tell me!!

The woman flinched a bit at how loud my voice was. I didn't mind! Everybody does that.

"Umm...no. Karai told me!" she said quietly.

"SPEAK UP PLEASE! I CANT HEAR YOU IF YOU TALK THAT QUIETLY!"

"Karai told me your name!" She said louder.

"No I didn't-" Karai started to say. The woman cleared her throat.

"Yyyyyes I did!" Karai said.

"OH OK! THAT MAKES SENSE!"

"Are people normally psychic here?" The woman questioned.

I let go of the woman's shirt, and she fell to the floor.

Something about her seems...off...

"NOT USUALLY! BUT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE AT THIS SCHOOL WHO HAVE ABILITIES FAR GREATER THAN THAT!"

The woman's mouth dropped open. "Seriously?! How many?!"

"CURRENTLY FOUR, BUT IF YOU REALLY ARE PSYCHIC, THEN I GUESS THAT MAKES FIVE! BY THE WAY, WHAT'S YOUR NAME?!"

"April, but seriously?! There are four people at this school with super abilities?! What kind of abilities do they have? Who are they?" She asked quickly, but confusingly.

She asks too many questions...

"WHOA WHOA WHOA, SLOW DOWN! TOO MANY QUESTIONS!" I waved my hands frantically in the air.

"Says the one who talks too fast," said Karai as she crossed her arms.

"I'M SORRY, OKAY?! I'M WORKING ON IT! GOSH!" I mimicked her stance and put on the fakest scowl I could.

"Why you little-"

"ANYWAYS!" I turned my attention away from Miss Grumpy and back to April. "WHAT WERE YOU SAYING BEFORE?"

"I was asking who the four people with abilities are, and what their abilities were," April asked.

"OOHHHH YEAH, THAT! WELL, TECHNICALLY I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL YOU! I WOULD GET IN TROUBLE WITH SSSSOMEONE!"

Don't give her away...

"With who? Is someone threatening you?" April asked.

"OH NO! I'M FINE! IT'S JUST THAT SHE DOESN'T LIKE IT WHEN I CAN'T KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT! SAYS I NEED TO WORK ON THAT!"

"Who? Macy?"

"MACY SMITH THE SPOILED RICH?! NO! SHE'S TOO BUSY APPLYING LIPGLOSS AND PAINTING HER NAILS A DIFFERENT SHADE OF BABY BLUE EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY TO PAY ATTENTION TO ME! BESIDES, THE PERSON I'M TALKING ABOUT IS WAAAY SCARIER THAN THAT COBRA IN HOOPED EARRINGS! IN FACT, SHE'S THE SCARIEST GIRL IN THIS SCHOOL, AND ABOVE ALL, THE MOST POWERFUL! WHY, SHE'S SO POWERFUL SHE COULD-" I covered my mouth to silence myself. I've said too much!

"She could what?!" April asked.

"NOTHING IMPORTANT! I WAS JUST RAMBLING!"

"Now that I think about it..." April said. "I met a girl named Donnatalia in the hallway just a few minutes ago. When I went to shake her hand, my hair stood up, kind of like when you rub a balloon on your head. It felt like a shock of electricity went pulsing through my body, then she pulled her hand away from me and apologized. Is she one of the four people with special abilities? Is she the most threatening girl in this school?"

I laughed. "DONNATALIA QUEEN?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! YOU REALLY ARE NEW HERE! THAT GIRL COULDN'T HURT A FLY LET ALONE ANOTHER HUMAN BEING! PHYSICALLY, I MEAN. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO VERBALLY HURTING SOMEONE, SHE CAN BE A REAL MEANIE! I'M NOT GONNA ANSWER YOUR OTHER QUESTION BECAUSE YOU PRACTICALLY JUST ANSWERED IT YOURSELF!"

"So, yes?"

"YES! AND, BECAUSE YOU ASKED EARLIER, YOU JUST MET ANOTHER ONE RIGHT NOW!"

April's eyes got all bug-eyed. "You have abilities?!"

"YEP I DO! ISN'T IT EXCITING?! WANNA SEE?!"

Don't...

"Of course!"

I laughed. "TOO BAD! I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO! IT'S A SCHOOL RULE!"

Her smile faded. "Oh..."

"DON'T WORRY THOUGH! GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!" I said with a smile.

"Yeah, sure...well can you tell me what it is?"

"NOPE!"

"Of course..." she said with a scowl.

"WHAT IS IT WITH YOU TWO AND SCOWLING?! IT'S SO WEIRD TO LOOK AT A SCOWLING FACE!"

Karai grabbed April's arm and starting to pull her towards the door.

"Well, we better get going! I still need to show April the rest of the school!"

"OH YEAH! SURE! SEE YA LATER! I NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK!"

"Yes, goodbye!" April said as Karai shoved her out the door and slammed it shut.

My face relaxed as I went back to blowing up more balloons.

If only you knew, April, then I could warn you about what's coming...

And what the oncoming storm has in store for you...