The Shy Purple Girl

Donna's P.O.V.~
I remember many things.
I remember when I first transferred here.
I remember being the one who was always picked on.
I remember when being a member of The 4 Renaissance Ninjas was all that I ever was. I thought that that was all that we were ever going to be.

Then the storm came...

"Hey! Are you ok?" I heard April say from what I felt like was so far away. I quickly snapped my head up and back into reality, remembering that I was still in a high school hallway and not in my giant brain.

"What? Oh, yeah! I'm fine..." I said in my now usually quiet voice.

I don't quite remember not being a coward...

April tilted her head to one side. "Are you sure? I thought I heard you talking about a storm-"

"Omg! Did I really?! I-I am so sorry! I tend to mumble under my breath without noticing it myself! That's just a...thing that I do..." I tried to cover up what I just did, and it seemed to work, at least a bit.

"...Um...ok..." April said slowly.  "So, from what I heard, your name is Donnatalia, right?"

I nodded rapidly. "Pardon me..." said Karai, who had recently walked up from behind April. Out of all of the people in this school, she was one who would choose to help me with any type of social problem, especially bullies, and when I say bullies, I meant every kind of bully except for Macy.

"Her full name is Donnatalia Queen. She transferred here 2 years ago. She's the smartest girl in school-" Karai stated, but I quickly corrected her when I stated that I was only one of the smartest girls in school, because there's one other girl whom was just as smart as me.

"Oh yeah! That's right! Sorry about that! Just needed a refresher," Karai said, a single bead of sweat falling down her face. She turned to face April. "She loves animals, btw! And she's nice to everybody, too," she explained with a smile.

I ended up smiling, too! It's been so long since somebody has ever given me a complement! It made me feel so good on the inside.

"Yes! I love to work at the animal shelter whenever I can. It's just a hobby though...as of right now..." I said while picking at my fingernails. It's an annoying habit that I have whenever I get nervous, which means that I do it a lot.

"So, uh, it was nice to meet you, Donnatalia," April said.

"Most people just call me Donna..." I replied. I wasn't used to people calling me by my full name. It just sounded...weird.

"Oh, ok! Well, it was nice to meet you, Donna! Maybe we could hang out sometime later today?" she asked with a small grin on her face. This was also a first for me. I usually just hung out by myself.

"Um...sure! I guess..." I replied nervously.

"Are you sure? You don't have to if you don't want to," she asked me, almost like she was sensing that I felt a little insecure at the moment.

"Oh, no! It's just that," I sighed. "It's been a while since I've actually hung around other people..." I looked at the ground.

I remember what it was like to have friends.

"Oh, ok! That makes more sense. Well, Karai here needs to show me the rest of the school first. Maybe we could hang out at lunch?"

"Sure!"

"Ok then! I guess I'll see you then?"

"Yep!"

April looked at Karai and tilted her head to one side. "Where should we go next?" she asked her.

"Um, not to interrupt or anything, but have you been to the gym yet?" I asked her.

"No, we have not, actually," Karai said, surprised that she hasn't done that yet. "Well, I guess that's where we are going next, then. I can't believe I haven't shown you that yet!" She grabbed April's arm and started to pull her in the direction of the gym.

"It's ok, Karai. Everybody makes mistakes every once in a while. We're only human!" April said while trying to not trip over her own feet. "See ya later, Donna!" she called down the hallway, waving at me.

"Yeah...see ya..." I said quietly as I watched them disappear around the corner.

I remember what it was like to be human. Life was good. I thought it was never going to change...

But then the storm came...

(I am so sorry that I haven't updated this story in so long! I had a huge writer block for this story! Please forgive me!)
~Scarlet