Did a unicorn puke here?!

April's P.O.V.~
As Karai and I made our way to the school gymnasium, I couldn't help but think about what had just happened only moments before.

That girl was acting really suspicious and strange, almost like she was hiding something. But, what?

Just then, I heard Splinter's voice come through my little earpiece, saying, "April, listen to me. You may be very confused right now, but let me reassure you that if you just so happen to meet another one of those girls from this moment forward, I will be telling you exactly what to say to them, not Donatello. Do you understand?"

"Wait! There's more of them?! What's so special about them that I would need your guidance?" I whispered under my breath so that Karai wouldn't hear me.

"That doesn't matter now! Do you understand your instructions, April!?" He demanded.

I took a deep breath. Master Splinter never used that tone of voice unless he was being absolutely dead serious about something. Which made me wonder exactly how serious this mission/situation really was.

"Aye, Sensei!" I replied back, still talking under my breath.

~a few minutes later~

Karai and I enter the school's big, open gym. The ceiling, walls, and even the floor were covered with some sort of party decorations. For the ceiling, there were balloons, steamers, and even a disco ball. For the walls, there were posters, and more streamers. And for the floor...umm...it was covered in glitter, confetti, and plastic bags and boxes that I would assume the decorations had came from originally before they were hung up.

I looked at Karai. "Umm..."

She seemed to be taken by surprise. "Well, it looks like somebody decided to start decorating a little early," she said, looking all around the gym.

I was confused. "Decorating for what?!" I asked.

"Oh! For the Spring Dance! It's every year around this time! And also, there is a Spring King and Queen whom are crowned before the dance. It's sort of like Prom, in a way, except it includes Freshmen and Sophmores, not just Juniors and Seniors," she replied with a tint of excitement in her voice.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Ok?" She said that way to fast. I might have to have her explain that all to me again some time later, except more slowly.

By this time, we had ventured into the middle of the colorful, yet messy, gym. It was hard walking through it, considering exactly how much stuff was actually on the floor.

"Wow! This Spring Dance must be pretty important if you seriously need this many decorations! Jeez!" I said as I kicked through the mess.

"We don't usually need this many, though," Karai replied, confused. "Whoever's in charge of decorations this year must have gone a little overboard."

"A little?"

"Ok...a lot!" she laughed slightly.

Suddenly, I saw her eyes get all big, and she quickly dove to the right. "Brace yourselves!!" she shouted.

Huh? I turned around just in time to see a giant shower of streamers come raining down from the ceiling.

"INCOMING!!!" a high pitched voice screeched from above.

I didn't even have any time to react or move out of the way before I was completely buried in streamers.

After several minutes of attempting to swim out of the streamer cloud, I finally was pulled out by Karai, who probably was losing her patience like usual.

She crossed her arms and stared at me with a frown on her face. "Seriously?! It's paper maché!" She mumbled at me.

I laughed and scratched the back of my head nervously. "Sorry," I whispered to her.

Karai rolled her eyes. "Mmhmm," she mumbled as she helped me up from the ground.

"I'M SO AWFULLY SORRY ABOUT THAT!! ITS JUST THAT I GET REALLY EXCITED WHILE DECORATING THINGS THAT I KIND OF TEND TO DO MY OWN THING WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS AROUND! I WASNT REALLY EXPECTING ANYBODY ELSE TO COME IN HERE!" the girl from earlier screeched. I studied her carefully as she began to pick up her streamer mess.

She was wearing an orange t-shirt with a white number 4 on it, blue jeans, and black flats. She also had long, black hair that was tied in a side ponytail with an orange hair-tie just above her left ear, with one strand of hair dangling over the right side of her head, little freckles on her cheeks, and an orange mask, almost like Donna's purple one.

Just as soon as she was done picking up her mess and had started blowing up more balloons, I heard Splinter's voice come through the little earpiece loud and clearly, which automatically made me say it out loud.

"Natalie Oswald?"