Chapter 12: Wish

Sahae's POV

I can feel my stomach growling at me. I can even hear it, actually. I haven't had a proper meal since I came here just a few hours ago. Or was it? I lost track of time. What time is it anyway?

I've been teleporting back and forth and so on just to find the kitchen, which I failed to find. Instead, here I am.. walking and walking endlessly. Where's the kitchen anyway? Is this place bigger than ours? And why do I feel alone right now? Is anybody home or castle? hahaha

"Um, are you ,perhaps, lost, Princess?" I was startled by the voice. Well, of course. Who wouldn't.

Am I lost? Am I?

I roamed my eyes on the walls and on the ceiling, and clenching my fists. Oh come on Sahae, is this what a princess do? Why am I hiding my face from him anyway? He's just L-luhan. And why did this place suddenly became quiet? Except for the sound of crickets-- and the sound of my tummy growling again.

Aigoo this is embarassing.

Luhan's laugh was muffled. He was preventing not to laugh out loud for me to not get embarassed but I already am. Just by his presence, it's making me embarass to hell.

"Where you searching for the kitchen? I'll bring you there, come on." And he gave me his hand. Well, who am I not to take it? Even if I say 'no thanks'.. he'll insist, probably.

--

While waiting for the maid to come back, whom Luhan ordered a while a go to cook for us, we just kept silently seated on our seats.

Well, Luhan's in his seat and he made me seat on Keru's seat. He insisted, actually.

After a long waiting, we heard the door creaked and instead of the maids, four handsome princes showed up.. at the end was King Kris. All of them walking up to their seats without  a word to say. All of us were seated with Chen adjacent to me, and no one on my opposite side.

The silence kept on going and it's already deafening me so I thought I'd say something.

"U-uhm. So.. uh.. who's seated at the chair opposite from me?" I asked, trying to ease the tension but I think I am not getting something in here. I think I made it more worse. The five princes looked at me with their eyes popping out like my Kyungsoo oppa's.

"Uh.. is it Keru seated there?" I continued, trying to guess the answer, wishing I might be correct. "then is it for guests?" Still the same reaction from them. ".. if it's not Keru's or for the guests.. then uhm.. could it be the Queens?" Someone hissed and suddenly the room got colder and colder by the second.

I looked around and noticed that the princes faces are pale.

"Xiumin, stop it." Kris ordered and the room slowly lost it's coldness.

"Uhm. Excuse me, your highness. I'll just go and tell the maids to hurry and bring our meals here." Said Lay as he stood up and slightly bowed down to Kris.

"A-ah! I'll go with him, your majesty!"

--

"I-i didn't mean to bring that topic up. I d-din't know." I'm just so dead right now. How could I be so dense and not pick up the situation a while ago. Of course it's the Queen's! Mama and the Queen of Land M were together when they died. Just ugh I hate myself and I wanna hit my head on the wall.

"I know, i know." Lay comforted me and giggled. "Well, it's not your fault, actually. Maybe they're still affected by the fact that Mother was gone. Even I! Hahahaha." He laughed and his deep deep hole on his face laughing at me saying I'm such a babo. "Don't worry, they will be okay when we come back. Trust me." And there goes a wink for me.

I heavily sighed as we walked back to the dining room. I wanna sulk but I don't wanna end up losing my consciousness again and look like a useless princess who only knows how to cry and cry then sleep.

--

Lay ge opened the door for me and I stepped towards my, or should I say Keru's, seat awkwardly with my head facing the ground. I'm just so embarrassed I could swallow myself.

I remain seated and not say a word anymore unless was asked even until our meal arrived.

After the meal, Chen, who was beside me, offered to take me to my /coughs/ keru's room. I asked him to stay for a while and have a nice chitchat with him which I enjoyed. He's such a joker and his smile.. was.. uh uhm.. yeah.. UGH whut

The morning came and I could hear the sound of the birds chirping outside the window. I scanned the room and noticed that the room was a mess. 

Is Princess Keru really like this? Maybe it won't hurt her If I tidy up her room a little bit. Just a little bit if that won't hurt.

I was cleaning the room when I found a sketchpad and looked through the pages. It was full of drawings of a beautiful lady and the five princes. And some random stuffs like flowers or animals and landscapes but no King Kris--Hah well, there is one at the last page but.. uhm. It's weird.

Anywayyy, I wonder if this lady is the Queen. She's so pretty.

I continued tidying up the room when Luhan ge entered the room.

"Oh. Uh Good Morning Princess. This is so nice of you to clean my little princess' room. You should've asked a maid to clean though." Luhan said. "Anyway, the bathroom's there at the corner. Please wash up yourself and follow to the Garden. Your Majesty, King Kris, ordered a gathering." He continued and smiled before he disappeared from my sight.

--

"Well, Hello there Princess. Good Morning! How was your sleep?" King Kris asked. Uhm, he smiled. I don't know how to react. I want to laugh but that would be rude. hahaha that was gummy.

Anywayyy. "Uhm, Good Morning as well, Your Majesty. It was nice, I had a good sleep." I said awkwardly. I still can't forget how foolish I was yesterday night.

The sun was up but the weather is not that hot. We sat on an outdoor long table and chairs. The princes were also there but they kept quiet and drank their own teas. So that means only King Kris and I were having a conversation which I was hesitant at first.

"You're so nice. I wonder why there was a drawing of you with the word 'hate' written all over the page was in Keru's sketchpad." I gasped and cover my mouth as I realized what I just blurted out.

I kept silent but my guilt's making me build up beads of sweat on my forehead. I started gritting my teeth against each other.

UGH This is my last resort. I have to do this.

I stood up, bowed ninety degrees, said my sorry and then teleported back to Keru's room.

"SAHAE ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU BABO GIRL! Ugh! I can't believe I said those! I'm so careless, careless! BABO SAHAE, BABO!" I screamed hysterically. After a few seconds, I calmed down and took Keru's sketchpad inside a dresser and flipped through the pages.

I wrote my name on a blank page and tried my hardest to draw the rose I got from Tao just recently.

AISH I suck at speaking. I'm a crybaby. A loser. I suck at everything! Even at drawing! Aish I'm starting to hate myself. I can't even draw a simple flower. I draw like a kid. Maybe an elementary student draws better than me. It's like.. like nahh nevermind. I just suck at this. No biggie

/sigh/ I miss appa and my oppas. I just wish they were here to tell me what to do next.