A Surprising Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"You mister have a lot of explaining to do and you better get started." Kuon couldn't help but smile at Chiori.

"I do? Do I?" Chiori just shook her head smiling "Whatever you did it made her really happy that's for sure."

Kuon smiled to himself. Hell it had made him really happy. "So you think I have a chance of winning her over?" Kuon asked as he watched Chiori's face. The smile she offered him almost blew him away.

"Oh Kuon...Kuon...Kuon" she said whilst shaking her head side to side. "If you only knew. You have had her for so long now, but neither of you were willing to just take the next step." Chiori grabbed the door handle as Kuon lost control of the car for a few seconds.

"WHAT!" was all Kuon could say as Chiori smiled again. She wasn't going to give any more away she just hoped this push would be enough.

"So where are we going today?" she asked with a wicked smile, knowing he was getting no more from the girl he struggled to get his mind into focus...She likes me? Hell...she sees me as a man! He had hoped for this of course and hell he had even thought about it after their date, but now hearing it he was willing to give anything to know if it was true.

Kuu stood there happily smiling beside his son as Kuon looked at the six women before him. They all looked stunning Kuon decided as he looked over the six women his mom had personally dressed. She had told them it was her present to them all for being so kind to her son. Kuon looked at the roses on the table next to him and smiled as Makoto nodded for him to begin.

"Now ladies, first we will announce the winner of the challenge." Kuon picked up the white rose from the 4 roses placed there before turning back to the girls. "This was a really difficult decision as we had more than one amazing cook, but there was one who stood out to my father as exceptional for one dish." striding forwards Kuon walked straight to Oka and handed her the white rose.

"My father said your pudding with no word of a lie was the finest he has ever tasted." Kuu nodded happily and had a little to add.

"If you ever want to come and cook for me I would be happy to have you." Oka looked at the white rose in her hands and smiled happily at his words.

"Thank you..." Oka said and the girls all clapped for her victory, but were cut short when Oka continued "But I'm afraid I will not be staying."

The shock was total as Oka turned to her right and walked away from Kuon and over to Kyoko who stood next to Chiori.

"Here..." Oka said handing the rose to Kyoko "Without you my pudding wouldn't have been as wonderful."

Kyoko looked down at the white rose then up at Oka. "Of course it would! It's not what it looks like, it's the flavour! Oka-san..." Kyoko was at a loss for words as Oka shook her head.

Taking Kyoko's hand she placed the rose in it and closed it gently around the stem. "I'm not ready. You have worked hard for what you believe in... You haven't given up or listened to what others thought of you or what people said you couldn't do... I need to do that...I need to step away from the stereotype and find who I really am... and let's face it." she turned and smiled at Kuon before looking back at Kyoko. "What's the point in having a man who won't eat everything you cook when you're aiming to be a top chef?"

Kyoko's eyes sparkled as she stepped forwards shocking not only Kuon, the other women and the crew, but all of Japan as she hugged the woman who had been a torment and in some cases the cause of distress for Kyoko. "And you will make a wonderful chef Oka-san." The camera caught that moment as Oka's eyes sparkled with tears, that moment of hesitation before her arms reached up and around the young actress hugging her back.