Chapter 14

Hey! I'm going to try writing in first person because I'm just not feeling it in third😂 bare with me please!!!

Ouch. Her words stung me unlike anything else. But what could I do? She was right.. The second she bolted I resorted to violence. I hurt her pack the way my father did. It made me sick. I always tried to avoid being like my father, and now I matched him in the worse possible way.

"Aliyah?" I called upstairs after I had time to settle and calm down.

"What!?" I heard her voice snap from the room.

"Please, come down here." I asked gently, but made sure it was loud enough so she knew I wanted her down here. After a few moments, I heard the door open. She walked out hesitantly and watched me.

"I'm sorry. Can we start over? Please?" I attempted to ask. She watched me carefully
-
-
-
-
-
Aliyah's pov (that was the last pov from Alex, I struggle to write from his pov)

I watch Alex from the top of the stairs carefully. After a few moments of thinking, I start to walk down the stairs slowly. "Start all over?" I ask. He nods. I then agree. With a small and hesitant smile, I speak. "I'm Aliyah. Daughter of the alpha and Luna of the Crescent Moon pack."

Alex sighed, visibly happy that I obliged, "I'm Alexander, alpha of the Blood Moon pack" We then talked for hours. He was still obviously going to hide things from me, but he opened up a bit more this time. That's what was important to me. I kept a bit of distance between us, and he didn't test the boundaries. I just needed to be sure of him. I was still anxious from our fight before we 're-met' each other.

As we sat on the couch talk, I had started to tell a bit more about myself too. I was barely giving any information, but I was just saying stuff that most people knew. He doesn't need to know me very well yet. Things were going to move slow this time. I'm staying in my own room, no more kisses, and no more of my bolting, on the condition I would get to go see my friends whenever I want. That was my only requirment.

The more we talked, the more I realized he was doing most of his actions because of the sense of needing to live up to his cruel father. That didn't make me forgive him any quicker, but it made me understand a bit more. No one wants to disappoint, especially when it comes to a reputation.

My eye lids started to get heavy, and I laid down on the couch, my legs not touching him on the very long sofa. We continued to talk until I fell asleep. It felt nice to just talk. Not him yelling, or me yelling, or kissing. I wanted it slow, that's what he would have to obey. Who would've known. The alpha listening to a girl who managed to receive submission from not only her pack, but his as well.
-
I woke up with an arm around my waist, a hand resting on my bare stomach. Once I realized who it was, I shot off the couch, almost as fast as the cartoon characters. I watch him as he suddenly shot up, still on the couch, "Aliyah, what's wrong?" He asked suddenly aware of everything.

I cross my arms a bit and bite my lip as I look down, "I..I'm going to go see my friends.." I watch him for a moment, then turn on my heels and head for my room to get changed. My room. Not his, not ours, mine. A separate room finally.

I pull on a pair of skinny jeans and a black Tshirt. I look in the mirror and bit my lip. I reach for my hair brush and start to pull it through my mane of hair. It was crazy thick and I always struggled to brush it. "Screw it." I mutter and pull my hair up into a pony tail.

I walk out and start to walk down the stairs and walk to the living room. Alex was still laying on the couch, rubbing his eye. I sit on the foot of the couch next to him and smile just slightly, "I'll be back later." I bite my lip. He sits up and looks at me, biting his lip as well.

I run my fingers over his jaw line where I had managed to catch him with a punch. He flinched and grabbed my wrist when he saw the regret on my face, "hey, don't worry about it." He said softly and ran his thumb over my knuckles. I look down and sigh.
"I'll be back later Alex." I stand up, pulling my hand away gently and kissed his forehead.

I walked towards the door and could practically feel his gaze burning into my back. Liza was feeling a bit hyper, so as soon as we were out of the door, we took off running. I shifted mid run and let her take control. She ran and ran. She ran until her legs burned and her paws could no longer bare the abrasive rocks.

I stop running, panting as I stop, and I freeze as I realize I had left pack territory. I was now available for anyone to grab. I cautiously back up a step before spinning around to run, but end up face to face with the man I was supposed to mate. Shit.

I cower back, and run. I run as fast as I could past him, barely escaping his sharp teeth. He follows me into my mate's pack and I yelp loudly as I continued to run, hoping Alex would hear.

Thank the goddess he did.

He came out in wolf form, instantly running to my aid with more wolves. I stop running once I'm past and looked back, walking towards Alex, but staying behind him.

I would not go back to that man. The man I was supposed to be mated to. You cannot force a mate bond.

Hello loves!! This chapter was very sloppy and took an incredibly long time to write. I have insane writers block, and I'm considering discontinuing this book.. if you are still reading, let me know what you think! I love all my readers so thank you :)