Chapter 2

Aliyah burst through the trees of the land at amazing speeds. Her black coat catching glimpses of the moonlight. She was so focused on running, she didn't realize that she entered another pack's land. A deep low growl snapped Aliyah from her focus, and made in her growl in response, stopping slowly. She kept her bright green orbs watching every movement from the trees sway branches to the small streak of moonlight. The larger male wolf leaped out in front of Aliyah, baring his teeth, his dark brown fur hiding him with the ground. Aliyah knew that she was in some serious trouble. She knew she was facing the most powerful alpha there is.
-
Aliyah's pov

I stood my ground as I bared my teeth at the large alpha in front of me. I don't know why I was acting to calm, but I felt as if he wouldn't hurt me. The sweet smell of vanilla and hazelnut surrounded me as I watched the growling alpha. He was noticeably larger than I.

After a moment, the alpha quit growling, but watched with a growing curiosity. When I moved a paw back to leave, he once again let out a deadly low growl. I froze in my spot.

Mate! My wolf was smiling with joy. No. This can't be my mate. He's ruthless. I turned to make a run, bolting as fast as I could. The alpha was close on my tail, I knew I couldn't outrun him. Within minutes, he had me pinned to the ground, a low growl emitting from his chest. I snapped at the large male in front of me, but this just angered him more.

My breathing was slow, but they were deep breaths. My heart was racing. He wouldn't kill his own mate, would he? The alpha slowly let his hold on me loosen, and he watched me, as if he wanted me to follow him. There was no way I was going with him! I stood up and let out a small growl. He just waited, before letting out an annoyed and angry bark. I moved one step closer.. Then two, three, four until I was right next to him.

I cautiously followed the alpha to his.. House? Avoiding the stares I was receiving, I noticed everyone in his pack had shifted, and I didn't notice a single black wolf. Once again, my coat standing out from everyone's. He let out a loud growl, everyone immediately retreating into their houses, leaving him and I alone.

He shift back to his male form, completely naked. I couldn't help but be relieved since I was still a wolf, he couldn't see me blush.

"Shift," The irritated alpha barked, "now."

I hesitantly shifted, dropping the bag that was in my mouth, and quickly grabbed a large Tshirt to cover my nude body. I was already uncomfortable enough, no need for him to see me naked.

As I turned to face the tall alpha, I can't help but notice his gorgeous blue eyes. Or his perfect jaw line.. Stop it! I scolded myself.

"What is your name?" The alpha's low voice was extremely intimidating.

Should I say my real name? "Aliyah.." I said quietly. "What is yours, alpha?" I spoke softly, mentally slapping myself for how much that sounded like a mock.

"You'll find out soon enough." The Alpha spoke, and within seconds he was gone.
-
-
I woke up to find myself somewhere back in the woods. I was wearing my Tshirt, making it clear that last night wasn't a dream. I tiredly sat up from next to the tree trunk and yawned. It was a bad idea to leave.

I thought about last night, and frowned as I remembered how shy and quiet I was being. I was never like that. I stood up and dug through my bag, pulling on a pair of light was skinny jeans, along with pulling my ebony hair back up into a ponytail.

Go find our mate! My wolf chirped excitedly. 'Should I?' I thought to myself. Just as I was about to leave, I turn to find myself right in front of the alpha, his arms crossed, all while looking very agitated. 'At least now he has clothes.'

"Where do you think you're going?" The alpha retorted, making me visibly shocked.

"I'm going home," I snapped, mentally smiling on how I got my confidence back.

"Now why would you do that?" The alpha asked me in a dangerous voice, and within seconds, I was pinned up against a tree, his arms on either side of my waist so I couldn't escape.

"Let me go," my tone never wavered, but I wondered if I masked my slight fear. Don't say that to our mate. Let him hold us! I blocked her out and watched him.

He just simply let go. My wolf whimpered. Is he going to reject us now? Just as I was about to leave, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his house once again. I tried pulling away, but saw it was no use. Everyone was back to human, and I watched them look at me. Some girls were glaring, some guys were glaring. But some people almost looked sympathetic.
-
He pushed me back onto a couch and scanned me over. "What is your name?" I repeat once again.

"Like I said. You'll find out soon." He watched me carefully, and was about to speak when a.. Beta? Stormed in.

"Alpha Alexander. We have rogues o-" He was cut short by Alpha.. Alpha Alex's deep growl, and then noticed me. I slumped back into the couch and sighed. 'This is gonna be a long day.'

Hey! Sorry for another relatively short chapter! This book is going to be really fun to write! Stay tuned and I'll try to get updates at least once or twice a week! :) thank you for everyone who is reading!