Fading

"Daddy comes home tomorrow!" Gerard giggled, focusing intently on the last line of the drawing he'd been working on. It was a large ocean landscape, complete with him and his daddy how have holding hands and staring out at the sunset.

But for some reason Gerard found himself drawing storm clouds in the picture as well.

Of course he shrugged it off until the next day, when a long time friend of his came to his door the next day, without Bert. "Where's daddy?"  

"Gerard, I gotta tell you something." Frank, who had lived in the apartment next to them, having know Bert since fourth grade, sighed and slumped on the frame of the door. He himself, having just gotten home from the war, was utterly exhausted "Bert... he's not coming home." 

Gerard was confused. "Did they delay his flight?" 

"Gee, Bert's-" Frank had to stop, overwhelmed by emotions. The words, having formed in the back of his throat were suddenly a lot harder to push out, and he could feel tears building up in the corner of his eyes. "Bert is never coming home. Our plane got shot down as we were being airlifted out of the jungle. I-I'm the only survivor." 

Gerard gasped, hand covering his mouth as Frank's body shook uncontrollably with his sobs. Neither one of them had any words left. 

"D-do you wanna come in?" Gerard asked after what felt like hours of silence between the two, standing in the dimly lit apartment hallway, tears freely streaming down their faces.  

Frank nodded mutely, allowing Gerard to take his hand and pull him through the door, closing it softly behind him. Without knowing exactly where he was going, Gerard steered Frank to the bed, laying besides him and burying his face in the man's chest. 

The night was spent in silence except the occasional sob and whisper of regret. 

*** 

"Do you, Gerard Arthur Way, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" 

Gee grinned, eyes locking with Frank. "I do." 

"I know pronounce you, husband and... husband?" 

The pastors confusion as to what exactly to call the arrangement didn't stop Frank from lifting the little in his arms and pressing a soft kiss to his pale lips. 

Gerard smiled, still in Frank's arms, and let himself be carried out of the sanctuary, grinning and opening the locket around his neck. 

Frank grinned down at it along with him, tears flooding both there eyes. 

Bert always did look so happy in that picture

It's short but omg I like it so yeah thanks to @RiahMCR  for the request, it's only like 5 months overdue. So there's that. Oh yeah, and thanks for the 700 followers you guys like holy fuck I love my anal-sexers so much!