Chapter 9: And so it Begins

"I don't know Allison this is weird." I said with the phone pressed onto my ear as I opened the car door and knelt in.

"How is it weird?" She asked and I scoffed.

"Well first of all I like someone else --"

"Who hurt you"

" -- and he's a really good friend, kissing him and holding his hand is weird."

"Well, suck it up." She said rather confidently.

"Suck it up? Alison I don't know if I will even be able to breathe correctly in front of Stiles today, how the hell am I supposed to blatantly hurt him?"

"Remember you sophomore year?"

"Yeah ..."

"Bring her back." I laughed into the phone while shaking my head.

"So be a heartless bitch who backstabs people all the time? No thank you." I said as I pulled into the school parking lot.

"Just, park next to Isaac and carry through with the plan. It will work I promise you. I'm going on a coffee run, want anything?"

"Yes please, can you get me a caramel machiatto extra shot. Love you!" I said and I could feel her rolling her eyes.

"Love you too, now do it!" She said and hung up. I shut off the car and laid my head against the seat as I exhaled a long breath. Just bring back sophomore year Lydia. You can do this.

"Okay." I whispered to myself as I got out of my car and met Isaac's blue eyes immediately.

"You realize it's 85 degrees outside, right?" I asked and he laughed as I fixed his scarf a little more.

"You ready?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, but Allison said bring back sophomore year Lydia so, I guess I'm bringing back the bitch in me." I said and he laughed as I flicked my hair and straightened out my back.

"God help me." I said as I took his arm and led him to the tables. My eyes met Stiles first, but I gave him a short glare and smiled up at Isaac. Everyone at the table smiled as Scott came over and hugged him before patting him on the back and sitting back down.

"Hey." He said and Kira scoffed.

"Almost a year and a half and all you have to say is 'hey'?" She asked and we both laughed. I looked up at Isaac and then to Stiles.

"Oh, this is Isaac, he moved a little while ago to hunt stuff, nothing interesting." I said as I smirked up at him and he popped open his mouth.

"Not Interesting? Rude." He said and I laughed as I brought my body closer to his side as I clung to his arm, I snaked my hand down and intertwined our fingers before I heard Kira squeal. All attention went to her.

"O.M.G. Are you guys together?! Wait what happened to --" She began straying her eyesight to Stiles and mine widened as I forgot I didn't tell her.

"Kira, how about you come with me to help him find his new locker." I said with a threatening look in her eyes. She grabbed Malia and they both nodded as they stood up and walked towards us and I turned our back so we could all walk together.

"Stiles and his ex got back together I guess." I said and her eyes widened but her eyebrows scrunched together.

"But you two are ..."

"Yeah, no. They saw each other as we were on a coffee run after our one date and so I left and called Allison to pick me up and they were making out so, Isaac." I said with a smile and they both smiled sadly.