010

From: ELO135@yahooh.com

Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2014, 11:22PM

To: MaR1989@hotmails.de

Subject: RE: no subject

I'm lying down here next to you and I wanted you to know that I'm extremely excited to see you play tomorrow, even though I know so little about the game itself. I'll be cheering for you. And I'll hopefully not end up cheering for the wrong team, because that would so happen to me.

---

ELOISE

I look at Marco, his eyes seem to be tearing up. I don't want to ask about it, because he said he didn't want to talk about that. I shouldn't have pestered him with his girlfriend that seemingly doesn't exist.

"I'm so sorry, Marco," is all I can say to him. He nods and parks his suitcase next to the bed. It's silent again.

"Let's not talk about it now," he says and he pulls me into an embrace. He smells good, actually he smells really, really good. He's taller than I am, and also a lot more muscly than I am. I'm petite, also a bit chubbier than most French people, but I have accepted who I am. Though, Marco and I would make a really weird match, seeing our different physiques and probably also our different pastimes, "Would you mind sleeping in the same bed with me, for one night?" Marco asks me while he sits down on the bed and drops himself onto his back. He tries looking at me, while I'm standing there quite awkwardly. I dropped my bag and decided to lie down next to Marco, leaving enough distance between us so we don't touch each other.

"Sure, I'll be able to handle one night," I say, "I'd be able to handle two as well." There was nothing more I wanted than to just be close to Marco, but for some reason I wouldn't believe him and I'm scared about whatever can happen. I'm sure when he sees me without clothes he'll be walking away immediately. Good thing it's happening tonight. Well, kind of, he'll see him in pajamas. Quite romantic, isn't it?

"Oh really?'' Marco grinned and looked to his side. I smile back at him, it's probably better that the elephant in the room has gone to the local zoo. We look at each other for a moment. I gaze at him, look into his eyes. I keep wondering whether this all has been meant to be, but I'm starting to believe that it surely is.

"Do you believe in love at first sight, Marco?" I ask him.

"I do believe in love at first email, does that count?" he says and smirks.

"Are you always so cheesy, Marco?" I tease him.

"Always," he reassures me. I laugh at him. I don't know whether I could live with his cheesiness for the rest of my life, but heck, I'd be willing to try that out. I turn around so that I could lie down facing Marco. My face grows red as his intense gaze pierces mine. Marco sighs before he speaks again, "Just kiss me, Eloise. I've been waiting for this since the first email." Marco's eyes clicks and so do mine. Marco's hand slips from his side to my cheek, where he tentatively starts rubbing small circles. The proximity of our lips allowed me to feel his warm breath mixing with my own, my heart was racing.

"Oh, Marco," I say. And then I kiss him. It felt like shock at first; the kiss. His lips aren't soft, but softer than I expected. His hands moves from my cheek to my neck to my back. He pulls me closer towards him and with that, deepening the kiss. He grazes at my lower lip, but I pull back and look at him.

"Eloise, this should have happened way sooner," Marco says, huskily, still pronouncing my name incorrectly. I place my head in the crook of his head, not speaking at all, enjoying the silence of the moment. His fingers, still moving up and down my back. Unable to speak, we lie there, for the next few hours. My lips still lingering for another kiss.

Only when Marco's alarm rings, we change position and look at each other again. It's time for Marco to go away and leave alone in this massive hotel after this kiss that I still have not recovered from.

"I'm sorry about ruining the mood," Marco grins.

"There was a mood?" I joke. He smiles and kisses my forehead, which makes my heart flutter once again.

"Sure there was," Marco says and he rolls around and gets back onto his feet. I lie there for a bit longer, before I decide to sit up. Marco grabs his essentials for the training and then looks at me, smiling, "You could come with me if you'd like, so you don't have to stay here by yourself." I consider joining him, and having to meet a ton of people, and I consider staying here in this hotel room by myself and I'm not sure what option sounds like the best idea.

"I could come," I finally say, meaning I would have to wear something decent, rather than this ugly sweater that is actually really comfortable. I check my phone to see if Rosalie had called, or anyone had, but it was surprisingly quiet and it kind of scared me. I get up and look through my suitcase to see if there is any nice T-shirt that would look nice on me, Marco sees me searching and then grins.

"You could always wear my jersey," he says, holding up one, that might never fit my boobs and my hips.

"I could, but I doubt it'll fit me," I say and he throws it at me. I look at it, and I'm still wondering how this on earth would fit me, but I walk towards the small bathroom we're sharing in the hotel room, get rid of my sweater and pull the jersey over my head. It fit, well I mean, a bigger size would be better, but it fit. My boobs were a bit tight, but it worked for one day. I walk back to Marco and he smirks at me when I walk out, "A bigger size would be better."

"I'll take care of a bigger size for you," Marco said, "But this will do for one time." I nod.

"It will work, surely," I say and follow him out of the room. Back in the elevator. Back to that awkward silence. But not this time, because by the time the doors close, I feel Marco's lips caressing mine. His hands envelope my face and I kiss him back, once again. But the elevator was down too soon, and he pulls back at the beep. The doors open, and people are waiting. I feel my face flushing red, but I follow Marco to the car. I try to avoid eye contact with the others and I hope not to see anyone that could possibly be in the national team. Marco notices my awkwardness, extends his hand and I gladly take it. We walk to the car and I take a seat next to him.

"It's only like a 10 minute drive, we could've walked if you wanted to," Marco says. I nod.

"I don't mind walking, but I could prepare myself for this disaster in the car," I tell him and I tuck at my T-shirt that's too small.

"It's not gonna be a disaster really," Marco says, "You worry too much."

"I know," I say and he starts the car.