Chapter 29: To Prank or Not To Prank

Grace's POV:

I fluttered my eyes open to see all my friends and I sprawled on the living room couches, or the floor. What happened here? Ashlyn was still snoozing across from me on the couch. Taylor and Annika had fallen asleep on the rug along with Poppy. But Marie Anne was missing. Slowly, without waking Ashlyn up, I hoisted myself off the couch.

It was still dark outside, and I looked at the clock and saw that it read 1:30. It was going to be a long time before anyone woke up. The only light inside was the small night light we kept in the living room. Why, I don't know.

"What happened here?" I asked out loud. From the very small bit of light, I could see that something was not right. My living room was a mess. Movie boxes were sprawled all over the carpet and there were paper cups everywhere.

"Marie?" I called out to her in a quiet whisper.

Maybe this was just a dream. "I'll wake up any minute," I thought to myself, but somehow that never happened. Shrugging, I tiptoed into the kitchen, because somehow I was starving. I opened the pantry door and took out a small bar of chocolate I always kept secretly off to the side.

As soon as I took a bite out of it, the warm, rich goodness of milk chocolate filled my mouth.

"Hey Grace. What are you doing up at 1:30?" A voice that sounded like Marie Anne's asked.

"I was hungry, so I came in for an early morning snack," I replied. Marie chucked softly.

I nodded my head at her as if to ask why she's up. "I just went to use the bathroom," Marie said. Now that Marie and I were alone together, I could ask her a few questions.

"Why did you work for a secret robbery agency?" I asked, while shoving the last piece of chocolate into my mouth. Marie didn't reply for a few minutes, and then she said, "So I could be with Landon. When he and I were together, he was the most romantic guy I have ever met, and I would always agree to anything he said."

"Robbers are not good people, so I'm not sure if Landon was the best man for you," I advised truthfully. If your boyfriend was a bad influence, then why be with him?

Marie looked a little uncomfortable so I changed the topic by saying, "So what happened here? I don't remember anything."

"At 11 you passed out from being too tired, right in the middle of Divergent. After putting you on the couch, we all finished the movie and started horsing around for a bit. Then we got really tired and fell asleep on the closest thing to us," Marie replied.

So that's why I couldn't remember anything after Divergent. I was asleep at that part. "Okay. Well I guess we should go back to sleep," I said, yawning a little. Marie nodded, and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the couch.

***Time-Lapse***

Grace's POV:

I opened my eyes to see sunlight streaming in through the windows. My eyes still ached from not getting enough sleep, but looking at the clock made me do a double take. It was 11 am and all my friends were still happily snoozing like nothing was wrong.

I shook Ashlyn, who was closest to me, and she mumbled, "Who is it?"

"It's me, Grace! Wake up! It's really late in the morning," I said, still shaking her. She smacked her lips and sat up. Her hair was a mess. There were strands here and there, tossed everywhere like she had been in a tornado. I stifled a laugh.

"What?" Ashlyn asked, eyeing me curiously. I pointed at her hair and burst out laughing. She touched her hair and groaned.

My laughing woke up Taylor, Poppy, and Marie. They took one look at Ashlyn's hair and laughed their heads off. I glanced at Annika, who was still asleep soundly on the rug. I shushed everyone by putting a finger over my mouth.

Everyone except Annika followed me into the kitchen, where I grabbed a glass and filled it up with ice cold water from the fridge. I tiptoed back into the living room, with everyone else at my heels. I put a hand in front of me to tell them to stop, and alone, I walked over to where Annika was sleeping. In a swift move, I poured the water all over her, jerking her awake instantly.

She looked at me, rage in her eyes. "What was that for?!" she furiously yelled. Taylor, Ashlyn, Marie, Poppy, and I burst out laughing.

She smirked, and put on an evil grin. Walking over to Taylor, she hugged her tightly. Taylor screamed and tried to shake Annika off of her, but Annika didn't budge. Finally, she let go and when she did, Taylor slapped her on the face. "Hugging, really Annika? Not nice!" Taylor cried. Poppy giggled.

"Revenge is amazing!" Annika replied.

"Alright girls, that's enough morning drama for today. Let's have some breakfast," I said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
To those of you who read the Bad News, I was only kidding. Never in my life will I give up this account! NEVA! I love all my fans that read my book, and they are way too precious to lose!

Shoutout of the hour goes to........@messaged for being a recent follower. And congrats on so many followers!