Chapter 19: A Different Point Of View

Ashlyn's POV:
I was just at Poppy's house, checking my texts, and my mom so urgently sent me a text.

M- ASHLYN!
A- What is it mom?
M- Someone's broken into the house!
A- Oh no! I'll be right over.

"Oh no! I'm sorry Poppy. I have to go." I hurried out their door and bolted straight towards my house. When I got there, I knew something was seriously wrong. I used my keys and quickly opened the door. My heart stopped as soon as I saw what destruction was poured before me. A bunch of windows were shattered, books and shelves were strewn on the floor, and worst of all, there was a bunch of spray paint all over the walls! Then when I went into my room, I saw it had been unharmed, except for my Star Wars pillow! It was missing. Gone. Unseen.

"NOOOO!" I screamed. Just then the doorbell rang. I rushed downstairs and opened the door. There stood Poppy, looking past me, all wide eyed.

"Yep. The house looks as if a tornado touched down, but didn't destroy the roof." I said, and Poppy nodded.

"This looks terrible! Was there a robbery here?" Poppy asked. I heard something ringing. Oh shoot! The alarm. I ran as fast as I could and typed in the code to shut it off. How could I not hear that alarm?

"Yes." I replied.

"Did they take anything belonging to you?"

"They took my Star Wars pillow that said May The Force Be With You."

Poppy and I ran upstairs to my room, and she looked at the untouched room. "Looks like they didn't damage the rest of your room."

I walked into my closet and instantly screamed. My closet was supposed to be an extravaganza of neatly organized shirts, pants, shorts, and dresses. Now it looked like the shabby laundry basket. I opened my jewelry box to make sure the gold necklaces and such were still there. They weren't!

"The gold necklaces." I sighed, my eyes filling with tears. Poppy walked in the room and gave me a hug.

"I'm really sorry about all this. We should call the police so they can investigate who did all this and we can find the culprits." Poppy said, trying to comfort me. I took off my glasses and wiped the moisture off with my sleeve, and put them back on.

"Wait." Poppy said. She looked at the jewelry box and whiffed it. "It smells like lavender and cherry blossom. The same exact smell coming from-"

"Marie Anne!" I blurted out before Poppy could finish.

"Yes!" she exclaimed.

"We need more evidence though. Let's call the rest of the gang so we can figure this out faster." Poppy nodded and pulled out her phone.

Taylor's POV:

I grabbed a chocolate chip granola bar from the kitchen and sat down at my desk. I began writing a new story on Wattpad, which is this totally amazing book app. It's like Book YouTube but so much better! I titled it Believe in You, and looked around the Internet to find a suitable picture for it.

After searching and searching, I finally settled on this beautiful cover. It had a light pink rose on it coming in from the upper right corner. There were some white fading dots on in the middle.

"Good job Raspberry Apple." I said to myself. Raspberryapple_12 was my username on Wattpad. I went on Wattpad Covers and titled it and put my name.