Grell crossed his arms and turned away from me.

I sighed, then grabbed him by his long red hair and pulled him along the roof of the building. "We don't have time for this. I have humans to reap tonight and I have to babysit you! Please, be the the male that you are for one night!"

I stopped dragging Grell when I reached the other side of the roof. He agreed to behave for one night, emphasizing on the "one night" part. I rolled my eyes and looked at my notebook to see who I had to reap next. It was a woman who lived nearby. I told Grell to follow me and we took off toward the woman's location, which was at a coffee shop down the street.

We traveled by the roofs of buildings and houses until we reached the small coffee shop, then we waited for the lady at the back door. She worked at this particular coffee shop and always left through the back door.

I saw her walk out the building, and then watched to see how she would meet her end: by me or someone else.

She looked pretty cheerful as we followed her to a place under a small bridge that went over a creek. She pulled out a knife from her pocket, and I almost told her not to do it, but then I realized she was waiting for something, so I stayed hidden.

A few minutes went by of nothing except Grell behind me with a mirror checking his hair. I punched him hard and he glared at me before putting the mirror away.

After Grell quit grumbling to himself about something to do with me being a rotten little brat, I heard footsteps. I silenced Grell with a death glare and then turned my attention back to the women and the person meeting her.

It was a man. He was a little taller than she was, and had a mysterious look to him. He smiled at the woman in greeting her, then she dropped the knife on the ground, threw her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately on the mouth. I looked away quickly and tried to shake the image from my head. I heard the knife fall into the stream, and that was when I looked back at the couple.

They had stopped kissing, and the aftermath of it was both of them with messed up hair, jackets were on the ground, and the man had lipstick on his mouth and neck. I was glad I looked away.

I saw the knife float downstream and get caught on a rock almost right beside me. I knew I shouldn't ruin the scene, but I wanted to know what the knife was for. If I touched it, they would kill me when I got home, but I was very curious.

I looked at my notebook and flipped to the woman's picture. All it said under the picture her name she was supposed to die. It said she would kill herself, but that was all the information given. I had to wait out whatever she did in the process to make her kill herself and not interrupt the scene at all. But I couldn't help but wonder, what if she was planning on killing a demon or a reaper or some other inhumanly being?

I glanced back over at the knife. It looked normal enough. Grell then tapped my shoulder. I looked at him and he shook his head. I guess he knew because of how many times I looked at the knife, because there was absolutely NO possible way that he could've known from a sibling connection or anything like that at all.

For once Grell was right about something, so I left the knife where it was, knowing that it had a purpose for something. I looked back at the couple, and they were w walking toward the city as the sun fell low in the sky.

I waved Grell to follow me, and we followed the woman and he man without being noticed. They stopped and turned slowly around when we had reached an alley in London. I pushed Grell behind a dumpster and quickly jumped over next to him, my scythe at the ready.

My reaper's scythe was a long sword with a black handle. I was too young for a custom made scythe, so I was using the sword until I turned 16.

I risked a glance at the couple over the dumpster, and saw that they were walking toward us. Then I saw them walk to the side of the dumpster, and I pushed Grell behind another side of it. He was able to stay quiet when he landed behind it, and that helped out a little.

The man looked over at me. I stood, my scythe visible in front of me, but to humans it only looked like a normal sword.

The man smiled at me before continuing down the narrow street. He didn't look back at me, and I didn't breathe until he had turned the corner.

I ran around the corner and saw the couple disappear into a fog that kept growing thicker and thicker. In just a few moments, I couldn't see my hand right in front of me. I turned to see if I could see Grell behind me, but everything was white from the fog, and noting was visible except the wall of mist.

I suddenly felt something around me, squeezing me. I turned my head, and saw a little bit of pink in the fog. Immediately I knew that it was Grell, the white fog made his hair appear the lighter color. I almost laughed at that.

He picked me up and jumped onto the roof of a tall building, high above the top of the fog. I couldn't see anything below, let alone the couple I was supposed to be after.

I sighed. "What time is it Grell?"

He looked at his watch that he only took with him occasionally. "Past midnight," he said.

I glanced back at the woman's page in my notebook. It said that she killed herself at 1:01 am. I had to find her again before then.

"What is the exact time?' I tried again.

"12:15," he said.

Great. 45 minutes to find her. I would need the other minute to watch how she killed herself.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I was interrupted by a scream.

I looked at Grell, who appeared to really want to see where the scream came m for who knows what reason.

"Come on Grell," I called, running along the rooftops toward the source of the scream.

Grell followed me, his excitement showing in every step he took.

On the way, I kept hearing more screams, each one more distant then the first. It was confusing me, and I heard screams from all directions. This had never happened before. What was going on?

I stopped running and tried to calm myself. I took deep breaths, held my ears, but nothing worked. I fell to my knees in frustration. My hands were pushing against my ears, but the screams grew louder and louder, until I was scared to death. I felt nauseous, and I was dizzy.

I saw Grell's worried face through tears that I wouldn't let flow as I fell to the rooftop, darkness taking over.