Chapter 1

(Welcome to my story, everyone. Since I'm tired of comments of everyone telling me I'm wrong, I'm going to post this note here. Scarlet is written in a few scenes to be homophobic and against Grell being trans. I wanted to warn all of you of this because so you know. Like I've said in a previous note that is posted later in this chapter, Black Butler takes place in the 1800s, and being a member of the LGBTQ+ community could get you arrested. Scarlet is just being someone who lives in this era. Also I wanted to be historically accurate. I'm sorry if anything she says offends you, but I'm not changing it and her views in no way represent mine. I'm very supportive of the community. Anyway, if my warning hasn't scared you away, I hope you enjoy the story.)

(Warning: Any and all comments calling me homophobic, transphobic, or stupid in any form of the words will be deleted. I will not be dealing with all of the negativity anymore. This story was originally posted in 2013 and I have dealt with these types of comments for seven years. This is not an invitation to be rude just because the comment will be deleted. Please think before you say something cruel. Your words have meaning and past comments have affected me greatly. If you are offended in any way by any of Scarlet's actions, I ask that you please silently leave the story and move on with your life. If you can understand that I wrote this when I was young and do not mean to offend anyone, then I invite you to enjoy my story.)

"Grell, for the last time, stop staring at men!" I yelled at my brother, who was making googly eyes at a random man walking down the streets of London, England. We were sitting on top of an old apartment building, or at least, I was sitting. Grell was standing at the edge of the roof so that he could see this pedestrian that was trying to mind his own business, I'm sure.

"Scarlet, the only man I want is my Bassy. But when I'm away from him, I feel so empty inside!" He put the back of one of his hands to his head and fell onto the roof.

I sighed. "This 'Bassy' must have his hands full if he has to put up with you."

"Scarlet, you be nice to you older sister!" Grell yelled, standing up again quickly.

"Grell, you are not my sister!!!" I screamed. "When will you realize that you are a MAN?!?!"

Grell looked offended. He must really think he's a girl, I thought. I sighed again as he searched the street for the man he had been watching, sighing in disappointment when he saw that the man had disappeared.

"Grell, can we please get back to work? I really don't want to get in trouble because you are looking at men." I shuddered as I said the last word. I had had plenty of experience with the reaper dudes. They were all insanely impressed that I was a female good enough to be a reaper, but when they found out that I'm a better reaper than them and they try to take advantage of me. I don't date anymore because of that.

"Calm, yourself, Scarlet," Grell said with a wave of his hand. "You're just jealous because you can't find a guy who you love like I have!" He twirled as he said the last few words.

"You shouldn't crush on a guy at all!!!" I yelled.

(Quick A/N, guys. Sadly, since people seem to be enraged by what I've written, I am going to tell you all now that I am NOT homophobic, and actually very supportive of the LGBT community, even if I'm not a member myself. When I wrote the sentence above, I thought it would be for comedic effect, but people are taking it offensively instead. I apologize if I've affected you, and hope you understand. Also, I have recently looked up the acceptance of homosexuality in the 19th century, and found out that it was very much frowned upon. Acts of homosexuality could have gotten you arrested if people found out. Again, I'm very sad that I had to put this, and what really bother me is that everyone who has commented between the time I posted the chapter to the time that I added this note will never see it. This was longer than I  had expected, so sorry about wasting your time. Please enjoy the rest of the story.)