Epilogue

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Epilogue

As I sat there looking at the wedding pictures from three years ago. I couldn’t believe we made it this far. If you would have asked me ten years ago that I would be married, I would laugh in your face. But here I sit in this brand new house, with a ring on my finger, and a wonderful woman in my arms every night. The day we got married was one of the happiest days of my life. When she walked down that isle in that white dressshe was so beautiful. She was beaming, as she smiled. I would never have expected her to ever fall in love with me like she did.

I looked at Stanley as he danced around the back door waiting for me to let him out. I got up off the sofa and walked to the back door by the patio outback, and then I heard a screech.

“Babe is everything alright?” I called for her.

She waddled too the railing so I could see her, with Lulabell right behind her. “Darren my water just broke!”

“Oh Ok” I stuttered.

“Grab the bag” She demanded.

“Ok, I’ll get the bag and you get out to the car” I said as she slowly stepped down the stairs. Typical Rebekah; she was wearing a white maturity linen summer dress, that had baby blue flowers all over it, with her hair perfectly curled and she even put a little make up on. I remember her telling me not to let her give birth to this baby without a little make up. I told she was beautiful with or without make-up.

“Did you already call you call the doctor?” I asked.

She shook her head no as she stepped off the last stair. “No, I just got down the stairs Darren” I could tell that little trip down the stairs exhausted her.

“Ok, we can call everyone in the car” I said helping her out of the car.

“Um Baby” She said.

“Yes” I said looking into her glowing face, smiling at how beautiful she was.

“Aren’t you going to let Stanley in?” She asked softly.

“Oh yeah” I said running over to the back door letting Stanley in.

I drove as fast as I could to get her to the hospital. We finally got there. They got her in a room, and hooked her up to all these machines, putting an IV in her arm, and checking the baby.

Finally the doctor came in.

“Hello” She cheerfully said as she walked into the room. “How’s mommy?” She asked walking over to the chart at the end of the bed.

“Mommy’s doing good” Rebekah said before she winced in pain.

“Contraction?” doctor Holan asked.

Rebekah nodded.

“Yeah there about 3 minutes apart”

“Good” the doctor said as she set the chart back down. “That means the baby is coming” she smiled at Rebekah. “So how’s daddy?” She said looking at me.

I nervously nodded my head. “I’m doing good” I hope I was doing good.

People continued to come in and out of the room, until it was time to push.

Hearing her scream in pain was killing me.

“I can’t do this” She panted.

“Yes you can” I said wiping her forehead, then leaned down and kissed it.

“Darren can you push for me?” She weakly asked.

I laughed a little. “No baby, I can’t” Kissing her again.