Chapter 11- Fighting for what is mine

After Halloween, I saw Rebekah once. I went to Drew’s hockey practice because he had invited Abby. When I saw her she looked normal. Like nothing had fazed her, except for the fact she had a shocked look plastered on her face. Marissa ran down to sit with us, but Rebekah quickly turned on her heels to run from conflict. Abby had told me to go and talk with her, and straighten things. He would stay there with Marissa and keep her busy. So I took his advice, and went to tell her what had happened. I waited, and waited outside of the ladies room. She finally walked out, but walked right into me. When she looked who she ran into, I could see the disgust in her eyes. I tried explaining to her what had happened, but I didn’t understand how much the truth sounded like a bad lie until I actually spoke it. I couldn’t get her to believe what I was telling her was the absolute truth. She stormed off, and that was the last I saw of her for awhile.

I figured it was best for me to leave her alone for awhile. Let things cool down before I approach her again. This wasn’t just getting back into her bed anymore this was actually a serious thing. I mean of I wanted her, but now I wanted her more than ever. Just to feel her soft skin underneath my finger tips, or to smell the sweet aroma of her hair. I needed her in my life, and I won’t let anybody or anything keep me from her again.

November went by, and before I knew it we had the annual Toast of Hockeytown. It was purely PR, but as being part of the Wings organization, I was of course required to go to it. I wasn’t looking forward to going, but I had to. I got dressed in of my suits, and braced myself to sign autographes, and take pictures. When I walked in to the Joe, I saw a few familiar faces, fans that came very year to this thing. The great thing about Detroit was the loyalty of the fans. You could be doing terrible, and the fans would still have your back, and think the Wings were the best thing that has ever happened to hockey.

I got myself a drink, and then walked over to Howie who was signing some girls Howard jersey.

“Hey man!” he said finishing up the signature.

“Hey” I said taking a sip of my drink. “How long do we have to be here?” I asked.

He laughed. “Man you just got here”

“I know” I said. I’m the type of guy who would rather be in sweats, in front of the TV on my couch petting my dog. I wasn’t all for this PR stuff.

I looked around at everyone, and everyone was all happy, and laughing having a good time. I turned and looked at one of the openings and I was hit in the stomach. I saw Abby, but he had this red head, on his arm. I looked closer. Oh my fucking God! That red head was Rebekah! What the fuck was he doing with Rebekah! I didn’t even know they talked!

She looked beautiful. She was wearing a black strapless dress . She had her hair up, off her neck and pinned. She wore her make dark. She looked so beautiful, which made it even worse. I could have had that, but instead I left her, and now she’s on the arm of one of my best friends! If that ain't irony then I have no idea what is!

I wanted to know why the fuck he was with her. I made a bee line in their direction.

“Hey man” He said taking off her coat, and handing it to the coat checker.

“Hey” I said.

“I’m going to the ladies room” She said then walking away. I couldn’t help but admire the way her ass and hips swayed. But then I turned my attention back to Abby.

“What the hell man” I said.

“What?” He asked like he was completely clueless.

“What do you mean ‘What’. You know how much she means to me!"