Chaper 5: Friendship Cake

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, you can ask Katie." Kendall said.

"Me!" My eyes widened, "Why me?" I asked.

"Because you're the new girl. Abby loves you right now!" Brynn pointed out.

"Please no! Why not Maddie. She is the favorite after all."

"Ha your funny. That's not happening." Maddie smiled as she said this.

I stood for a moment contemplating if I should or not.

"Come on please?" Nia encouraged.

I decided it probably was the best option if I asked since I'm new. I still was super scared Abby was going to get mad at me though.

"Ugh fine. If she gets mad at me I will get you guys back." I said sarcastically.

After the duet with Jojo as Mackenzie was done for now I walked up to Abby in the hall.

"Miss Abby?"

"Yes Katie?"

"Could you come watch a silk routine Nia, Brynn, Kendall, Maddie and I put together." I asked nervously.

"Well I suppose Maddie could wait a little bit before we work on her solo." Abby replied.

"Okay great! We're ready right now!" I sprinted into the tumble track room and got into my starting position.

We had already got Gia to watch, and she also was going to play the music for us.

When Miss Abby came in we had the lights slightly dimmed for special effect.

Gia started the music and we did everything once again pretty, everything was perfect!

When we ended Abby clapped "Very nice girls, I see those silks lessons are paying off, and as for you Katie I'm surprised you're so talented."

"Thank you." I replied.

"No problem, but we need to get back to the competition dances. Maddie I want you in studio A to work on your solo in five minutes."

Maddie hustled out of the room followed by Abby, Gia, and the moms. As for the rest of us got the pleasure of hanging the silks back up. Joy.

After we hung up the silks we did some tumbling on the trampoline.

We even recorded a video and posted it on Instagram of our tumbling. All us posted the same video and tagged each other. Sadly they couldn't tag me because I wasn't allowed to reveal who I was until AFTER my competition debut.

A little while later Gia poked her head through the door and asked if we would go into studio B so we could do a jazz lesson.

After the jazz lesson, Maddie was done working on her solo with Abby. That meant it was my turn to get to work on my solo.

I walked into studio A as Maddie walked out. We smiled at each other as we passed.

"Well hello again Katie."

"Hi Miss Abby."

"Okay let's get started." I looked to the mirror where the pyramid pictures used to be hanging. "Let's refresh and I'll tell you what your solo is again."