2: Do You Have Any Sugar Cubes?

I trudged stiffly up the front steps of my mom and dad's two-story beachside mansion. A light drizzle still hung over the sky like a constant gloomy frown, so I was happy to finally be inside a warm house. "Lucy? I'm home!" I yelled to our maid down the long hall.
"Miss Callie! You are dripping mud on the carpet! Go take a shower!" she commanded. I agreed with no complaint because I was soaking wet and muddy. Before I hopped into the bathtub I grabbed the unusual Hunger Games copy to investigate while I washed my hair. After all, I had learned water did not effect it, so it would be safe.

By the time I got out of the shower half an hour later, I had discovered the book could not be harmed by water at all, and I could not rip the old, yellow pages no matter how hard I tried. I walked to my own personal library that my parents had had built me for me when I was little. Since I read in that large room so much, I had even changed it to my bed room...I added a loft with a bed and tv and dresser up above the huge book cases. It was my favorite place to read because I could stare out at the ocean through my small windows and imagine adventures out at sea. I'm 17, going into college next year, and look at me. I'm still imagining stupid adventures, I grimaced.
Once in my library I sat in the middle of the wooden floor, surrounded by towering book shelves. I opened the Hunger Games and stared intently at the pages, flipping through them noisily.
"I looked away, and when I turned back Finnick was standing in front of me," I read in a whisper. All of a sudden, I heard a loud crash behind me. My head whipped around in shock, but I sighed in relief when I noticed it was just the window that had fallen shut.
"Thank goodness! That scared me. I thought there was a person in here," I said aloud with a nervous laugh, turning my head slowly back to the book.

"Am I invisible or something?" A deep voice asked. I jumped up in surprise with the Hunger Games in my hand, ready to strike at the intruder. He was tall and, I'll admit it, very handsome. He had golden blonde hair that gave off the appearance of having been tousled by wind and sprinkled with ocean mist, and green eyes that were shining with unmistakable amusement. He was so cute that I might even like him if he wasn't breaking into my frickin house.

"What the heck is going on?!" I screamed, backing away from the man who, it seemed, had appeared out of thin air.
"Believe me, I don't know any more than you do!" The young man exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.
But then he paused and a charming smile slowly spread across his tan face.

"Do you have any sugar cubes?" He questioned.

I started to yell again, but stopped with a look of confusion.
"Excuse me?" I said, blinking at him blankly. "I said do you have any sugar cubes," he repeated.
"Are you homeless? Do you want a donation?" I asked, lowering the Hunger Games from the throwing position.
"I'm not homeless! I consider that a personal insult! I have a home--it's not like I'm from District 12 or something," he laughed mockingly, brushing off his loose white shirt. I paused and hope flooded over me. Could it be--no, it couldn't be, could it?
"What's your name?" I asked sharply. He raised his eyebrows and didn't answer me.
"What's your name?" I said even more roughly, stepping forward threateningly.
It could be, couldn't it? It could be-
"Finnick O'Dair," he answered, bowing jokingly.

I stumbled. Finnick? From the Hunger Games?

I had brought a fictional character to life.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

That wasn't very good but at least it's a huge step forward in the plot. Next chapter you will find out why this novel is titled "Ten Minutes"!

The picture in the media is Callie's loft/library.

Sorry it took me so long to update. I was very busy, and I lost my phone.

HOW DID YOU LIKE IT? Please comment, vote, and fan!

And here I will tag all the people who should definitely read this chapter and vote because you're my amazing friends/followers:

SG_sapphire
morelikeCasie
lunapup1
addictingbrunette
Driftingoceans
soph_midnight
King_G04
SarahTheAwkward_
InfiniteBookshelves

To the people above, thank you for reading and giving me valued advice and/or comments, predictions, and encouragement.

Have a good day and stay tuned for more updates tomorrow!

-I still don't know what to sign my name as. Seriously.