Chapter 4

-4-

Nell
Enjoy!
-Sunday night

I slid on a pair of leggings and a fitted PINK sweatshirt. Today I took my braids out cause it smelt too much like weed from the party, and it was time for it to come out anyway. My hair was in natural curls, now in a bun. I unlocked my door and made my way to the elevator to go get something to eat.

Slow down, grab the wall, wiggle like you tryna make that ass fall off

I heard someone sing behind me and when I turned back, it was no other than my best friend, Tasia. I twerked for her real quick.

We were dying with laughter. Y'all, Friday night, I ate it up lowkey, but then Marquis gotta come ruin stuff like always.

"Girl!" I said and ran to hug her like I didn't see her Saturday.

After the party, I was so beat. We got back at 5am. It took me almost all day to recover too.

I talked to that one guy who kept staring, Damon, I think his name was. He seemed chill. It was hard for me to pick up on what he was talking about, though, cause he was stuttering a lot or cutting his sentences short.

All in all, he seemed nice, though, and I kinda liked that. After our convo, I felt like I could do it all over again. It felt nice to talk to him. Hopefully, I'd be able to again sometime soon.

"has Kevin texted you yet?" Tasia asked as we walked out of the elevator.

"No, ma'am."

We walked into the cafe.

"Why is he playing?" Tasia whined. "He don't know guys be lining up for you? Someone gonna snatch you up soon."

I was dying with laughter.

"Stop, Tasia. You know that's not true." I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

We entered the line for the burgers.

"Hey, can I have a cheeseburger, please?" I asked with a friendly smile tiptoeing slightly to look over the counter.

"Yeah, anything for you, Lenell." The man winked, and Tasia nudged me.

I sighed deeply. The man knew my name from seeing it on my ID one day.

"No, Tasia," I said to her, smiling.

Tasia always said all the guys wanted me, but I didn't think much about the attention. I got my burger and left with Tasia. In all honesty, I just wanted that one good guy.

That was it.

Damon
-Monday

"I think I wanna make a bet," Charles said, running up to the center of the football field where everyone was gathered.

He was always trying to bet on something. That's why he lost so much dang money all the time.

Some of my boys, including some fellas on the football team, were playing a quick game. Mike said he was gone play football too, but instead, he was all baed up with his girl Chelle next to the bleachers. Made sure all the niggas knew she had a man.

"What is it, Charles?" Luis asked, blocking his eyes with his hand from the sun.

It was hella hot out here, but we were throwing a few since we all didn't have class today.

"Okay, so I was thinking. In light of girls on this campus saying they can't find a man and that they want to go off campus to find a good one. Why don't we have a bet and see who can get a girl to change her mind first," Charles proposed, and I rolled my eyes.