Chapter 2

-2-

Damon
Damon in MM.

"Uber everywhere!" I rapped, hopping out my ride.

I walked to the driver's seat and dapped the boy Mike.

"Thanks, bruh."

"Man, I already told you I ain't ya uber driver. Skrrt skrrt." Mike sucked his teeth, chuckling.

He had just brought me back to campus because I wanted to go cop a pair of Jay's for this party on Friday. I had a class starting in the next 30 minutes, so I was gonna chill for a minute. Mike was a senior, so his classes were light at the moment. He was also in one of the Frats on campus, and he said he would help me get into that Alpha party on Friday.

"So, what's the plan for Friday, man?" I asked, leaning through his car window.

"Psh, just tell 'em Mike sent you. They'll let you and Charles slide," he said, and I dapped him up again.

He got us all set for the pre-game and the party coming up. It was about to be lit.

"My man." I laughed. "When a-"

I was gonna ask him for another ride to the party on Friday when he cut me off.

"Ay Chelle, lemme holler at you for a minute!" He cupped his mouth with his hands. Mike then honked his car horn, trying for her to turn around.

I turned back, and Chelle was standing with her arms folded from across the street. He was forever tryna get back with that girl since they broke up last semester.

Chelle had light skin with a bob, and she was thick. Mike was one of the only guys she had ever been with in this joint since she transferred from a Florida school, but he messed that up when he kept avoiding commitment.

"What, Mike?" Chelle spat out.

Everyone was looking at what was going on now, and I had my mouth opened, feeling bad for Mike.

"I told you I don't want to talk to you anymore, Mike!"

"So? Just come over here so we can talk it out or something!"

She was about to walk away.

"Please, Chelle! I'm sorry! I'll get out of this car and get down on my knees just to get you to talk to me again. Please, I love you, girl."

She then stopped in her tracks. Bingo. That one line could change a life in two seconds.

"Alright, but only for a minute. I got class soon."

She rolled her eyes. Chelle then made her way across the street over to Mike's black Honda Civic.

"Lil man, you gotta bounce," Mike said through his teeth, pushing me away. "I ain't need you cramping my style."

"Ahh!" I cracked up. "Nah, you ain't gotta tell me twice. Imma see you on Friday," I said, dapping him up, then I turned to leave.

I hoped I was getting my ride on Friday cause I couldn't afford to pay for an Uber.

"Hey, Chelle." I smiled.

I already knew they were gonna be back together after that encounter. Tightly holding onto my Foot Locker bag, I crossed the street.

"Hey, punk."

She laughed, shoving my shoulder. Chelle was funny. I looked back as Chelle walked to Mike's car, swinging her hips, wanting that type of love one day. Just didn't want to be slick like Mike is with his girl.