Goodnight, Al |E|

EDITED

Evangeline

"Jane!"

I heard Alberts piercing scream from down the hall to my bedroom. Seeing as I couldn't sleep and I was just laying in bed on Instagram, I got up and strolled down the hall to his bedroom. I knocked as softly as I could muster. "Albert?"

When I didn't get a response, I peeked the door open and tried again. "Albert," I whisper. "Are you okay?"

I heard a soft groan coming from under the sheets on his bed and took my chance. I cautiously approached the edge of his bed and whispered his name again. "Jane!" Albert blurted, his eyes wide open. When he sees its me, he's alarmed.

Albert rises himself, fixating his pillow behind him. "Ev," he whispers. "D-Did I wake you? W-What're you doing here?"

"I heard you scream, I couldn't sleep so," I shrugged. "I-I came to see if you were okay. Are you?"

He nods, "Yeah."

We remain silent for a few seconds until he clears his throat. "I had a nightmare - "

"Oh, Albert," I shake my head. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I didn't come to gossip about it. Just to make sure you're alright."

He gives me a small smile. "I know." He pats the spot beside him, "But I want to tell you." I take my seat and wait for him to continue. "I had a nightmare about Jane. I've been having those since her brutal death, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I loved her, maybe it's because it was my fault."

I stop him right there, "It couldn't possibly be your fault, it had nothing to do with you." He gives me a nervous glance before he opens his mouth.

What came out of it, surprised me because that's how I found out about Jane's death. That's when I found out that Nicolas and Albert had once been in bad steps together in a drug deal with some guy named Carl.

I didn't pressure him to tell me more. It was hard for him as it was.

Alberts eyes began to get droopy. I suggested he should go back to sleep and he agreed but he claimed he wanted to tell me one more thing now that he has my attention.

"I really do love you, Ev. I know you might've thought I didn't because of the bullshit I did to you but I do. I need you to know that," he whispers softly. "I regret every second I don't have you by my side laughing and smiling like always, I want you back. I want - "

I take a deep sigh, "I know, Albert, because I've wanted that too but you hurt me. You betrayed me. I can't deny that I care because I do, I really do."

"Then why don't you give me a chance, let me prove to you that I'm different." He pleads, his eyes searching mine for a hopeful answer.

"And if you hurt me, again?"

"Then you can beat me, anything." He begs.

I chortle softly at his statement. "One more chance, Albert."

Albert smiles, even in the dark I can see it's a bright and toothy one. "I won't fail you this time, babe, I promise." I smile, getting off his bed to go to my room but not without a peck from Albert.

Before shutting the door, I whisper to him. "Goodnight, Al."