Chapter 7

As soon as Alex got home, he fired off a quick text to Amy, asking if she knew about any parties going on. He didn't bother to wait around, padding to the bathroom in his socks and turning on the shower to heat up while he stripped off his clothes.

His hand wrapped around his cock as soon as he stepped in, tugging in quick, tight strokes with occasional swipes over the leaking head with his thumb. He stroked himself to climax lazily, then dumped a load of shampoo on his head and lathered up enough bubbles to wash his hair three times over and then scrubbed at himself with a vanilla lotion.

If people chose who to fuck just by how they smelt, Alex thought, sniffing himself appreciatively, he would be bathing in genitalia tonight.

Amy came through, as she always did when parties were involved, texting him a nearby address and the time she wold be there as well as a reminder to bring condoms (because he usually forgot) and an unusual amount of kisses.

Heeding her words, Alex pulled on a pair of skinny jeans – tight enough to show off his butt but not so much that they couldn't be yanked down in a hurry – and a plain dark blue T-shirt, and stuffed a handful of condoms into his back pocket, and his phone into the front.

The party was starting about six, so Alex planned to set off at half-past and arrive at seven, when it was sure to be in full swing and he could get a few good fucks. That gave him around two hours to sit on his bed and listen to angry music while frowning at his wall, which Alex took full advantage of.

He wondered if Jack was thinking about him too. Part of him believed that Jack still loved him, but another part of him was yelling at himself to just get over it – Jack had never had a problem with the age gap before so clearly the break-up wasn't for that reason, like his teacher had said. At least he'd had the decency to pretend, though, pretend that it wasn't because he'd realised Alex was worthless like everyone else had. He gave it a month before Amy figured out the same.

It really wasn't healthy, all this obsessing over his ex-boyfriend, both Jack and Alex thought that night. Yet neither of them believed that they would stop.

When his phone told him it was 6:27, Alex slid his bookmark into place and set it aside carefully before pulling himself to his feet. He texted Amy to let her know that he was on his way, plugging in his earbuds as he walked.

It was noisy, so noisy that just coming up to the street Alex could hear the music through his headphones. As always, he felt a tightening in his chest and something like snakes in his gut at the thought of the crowds and the heat and the volume that he was about to get hit with, but he ignored it and carried on walking, stowing his electronics back in his pockets securely.

Amy was already outside, wearing a criminally short skirt and a crop top, her hair pulled up in a tight ponytail that accentuated her high cheekbones and painted red lips. Judging by the looks she was returning to the numerous boys who walked by her, it was the effect she was aiming for.

He joined her, announcing his presence by lightly pinching her back, smiling at her indignant squeal and accepting her kiss on the cheek which probably left a smear of red on his skin, and together they headed into the house, the noise swallowing them whole.

Before long Alex noticed a guy staring at him, lust prevalent in his eyes. He was doing his best to make it subtle but alcohol had inhibited him, so Alex pushed Amy towards the dance floor – their signal for 'I'm going off with someone now, I'll come find you after' – and wandered over to the guy, weaving through various drunk teenagers.

"I have condoms." Alex introduced himself bluntly now, knowing it was the easiest and quickest way to get sex.

The guy blinked at him dozily, then his brain caught up with him and he grinned. "Then what are we waiting for?" he slurred, looking Alex up and down with appreciation. Taking a quick glance around – maybe making sure none of his friends were watching, poor guy was probably still in the closet – he grabbed Alex's wrist and led him upstairs to find an empty room.

The first three were occupied, the second one in particular violently heterosexual (which Alex really did not appreciate being thrust in his face) but the fourth was free. The other guy flicked on the light to reveal a spare room with a bed with plain grey covers and nothing else. It would serve for the time being.

Before Alex could really comprehend what was happening the other guy had pushed him forward onto the bed, elbows supporting him and cheek pressed against the covers with his ass pointed upwards. HIs jeans were yanked down easily but a little painfully, and the guy (who introduced himself as Zack at that point) found the condoms in his pocket, the sound of foil ripping loud in the room.

Three fingers were lubed up roughly and then stuffed into him without so much as a by your fucking leave, but Alex just relaxed and moaned when the digits rubbed against his prostate. Zack's cock, smaller than average but damn thicker, followed, and soon Alex was being bounced forward in sync with his thrusts. He bit down on the covers, drooling as Zack fisted his cock with a tight grip.

He left two damp patches on the sheets, one of saliva and the other of his come, as Zack zipped himself back up and left, murmuring something that might have been thank you. Alex took a minute before pushing himself up and pulling his jeans back up. He felt a sudden pang for Jack. Jack never fucked him like that. With Jack it had always been sweet, and gentle – slow, loving, the focus on Alex, never on Jack. This was nothing like sex with Jack, and that was what he wanted.

He hurried out, going to track down Amy. He needed to go home and cry for a bit, and maybe spend an hour contemplating calling Jack before ultimately deciding how stupid that was and crying more.

He found her also stumbling out of a bedroom, readjusting her skirt and wiping the smudged lipstick from around her mouth. "Hey," she said brightly when they bumped into each other, and then squinted at his expression. "What's up?"

Alex wondered whether he even knew what was up, so he just answered her with, "Can we go home?"

"Sure."

LINE BREAK

Alex flopped onto her bed face first, not bothering to shed any of his clothes. He felt Amy tug his jeans off, but he was way too tired and out of it to care. He had cried on the way back and now he felt dehydrated and upset, and he just wanted to sleep.

Amy curled herself around him, naked body warm and soft, and Alex vaguely remembered her whispering to him before he drifted off.

When he woke up the next morning she was gone, which disorientated him for a minute, but then he heard the shower running and rolled over. The mattress was still warm. He was about to go back to sleep when he caught sight of the edge of an envelope poking up from underneath her bed. Curiosity piqued, Alex reached forward to pick it up and opened it.

A photo fell onto his chest, picture-side down. Cursing sleepily, he fumbled with the slippery material and turned it over. HIs face paled when he saw the photo, and he sat up straight. At first his sleep-fuddled mind couldn't make sense of what he was seeing, but then things started to add up and he hastily put everything back where he'd found it as the shower stopped running.

He rolled back over, pretending to be asleep again. Amy was the reason Jack had broken up with him; Amy had been lying to him this whole time.

More importantly, Jack didn't break up with him because he didn't love him. And that meant he could get him back.