8

Taylor❁

Knock knock

"I'll get it" I told Emily.

As I opened the door, Emily's crush, Cam stood with a bouquet of flowers and a poster that said "Emily, prom with me?".

"Emily come here!" I shouted and took out my phone to begin filming.

"Yes!" she shouted as she took Cam into a hug.

As we walked back inside she said,
"Tomorrow we need to go prom dress shopping!!!"

"Yay!" I said sarcastically, for I had always hated shopping.

Next Morning

I walk to my first class of the day, English. It was a pretty boring class, because the only person I could talk to was my sort-of-friend Mia.

I go back to my locker after the bell rings and go to math- my least favorite subject.

Before I know it, lunch rolls along. I sit down at the usual table with Emily. I stand up to get napkins as a boy named Josh approaches me with a box of pizza. His group of friends gather around him as he speaks.

"Taylor? Would y-you accompany me to prom?" he stutters nervously.

"Of course!" I reply.

He hugs me, smiles, and then walks away.

I sit back down and my phone beeps.

1 new message notification
A: so you have a date?
T: yep w josh
A: I saw
T: oh...

Taylor turned off her phone.

When school ended, Emily and I walked to town to go to a prom dress store.

"How about this one?" Emily asked.

"Pretty" I said, on my phone.

"Taylor. You have a date too, you need to try on some dresses" she said.

"Okay"

I tried on a few before finding a long, flowy, red dress with rhinestone beading at the top. I also bought silver heels to match the rhinestones on the dress. Emily bought a lilac purple dress that perfectly complimented her blonde hair.

Everything was perfect for prom so far but, I was kind of bummed Jacob asked Hannah. At least I have Josh. I was so excited for prom on Friday!!!!!

Vote for the next chapter and to see what happens at prom!!